Mortgage Operations Manager
America's Credit Union
Contact: Ana Landeza
Email: [email protected]
The Mortgage Operations Manager will plan, organize and direct the daily activities of the Mortgage Department. This position will coach, train, and motivate the Mortgage Operations staff to achieve results that align with the credit union’s overall objectives and goals. This position will oversee the underwriting, processing, closing, funding, shipping and servicing of all home loans in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as all pertinent laws and regulations. The Mortgage Operations Manager will exemplify ethics and professionalism in the delivery of mortgage services and resolution of complex member issues. This position will report directly to the VP of Lending Administration.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and implements new or updated mortgage lending policies and procedures through periodic evaluation of existing processes; makes necessary improvements to ensure compliance with governmental rules and regulations
- Provides leadership to the Mortgage Department through effective communication and direction; conducts weekly pipeline meetings to discuss active loans, policy and procedure changes, and areas for improvement
- Delivers performance feedback to include development plans and performance goals and objectives; clearly communicates department expectations
- Trains and develops Mortgage Department staff to perform at optimal level; identifies training gaps and develops appropriate training programs; conducts training sessions and cross trains as appropriate for department coverage
- Recommends and maintains appropriate staffing levels to balance service needs and operational expenses; interviews and hires Mortgage Department Operations staff
- Assigns, directs, and appraises Mortgage Department staff; evaluates department work quality, efficiency and productivity, formulating corrective action as needed and setting individual goals with staff members to assist them in achieving their full potential
- Coordinates, schedules, and directs department function, managing department work schedules and coverage to include approving timesheets and vacation requests for department
- Processes and funds all employee loans
- Responsible for HMDA Reporting
- Exemplifies Credit Union core values and mission statement ensuring professional business relations exist with members, vendors, trade professionals and Credit Union Staff; represents the Credit Union at business functions and ensures the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained
- Ensures the pipeline is managed efficiently and loans are assigned and worked in a timely manner. Assists with underwriting as needed
- Responsible for the effective and efficient completion of mortgage lending functions in accordance with established policies and procedures assuring deadlines are met and appropriate real estate disclosures are received by members within legal time frames
- Establishes and maintains effective communication, coordination and working relations with Credit Union Employees
- Maintains good business relationships with members assuring effective financial counseling is provided as needed; resolves complex member issues promptly and courteously
- Stays informed regarding developments and changes in the mortgage field
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years experience in the mortgage industry
- 5 + years experience underwriting conventional, FHA & VA loans
- 3 + years experience in management
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.