Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialist
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- New loan set-up process including uploading, funding, field audits, tax contracts, welcome letters and payment processing set up.
- Posting of various mortgage payment typed daily.
- Accurate posting of current, delinquent, exception, and payoff of mortgages, as requested.
- Administration of insurance escrow accounts including canceling PMI and waiving or establishing escrow.
- Track, disburse and administer of hazard, flood and mortgage insurance payments
- Accurate recordation of Loan Reconveyances; tracking of reconveyances loan files
- Processing and updating insurance binders
- Preparation of department filing for scanning into electronic files
- Administration tasks on paid off loans including requesting Notes from investors
- Assist with semi-annual property tax payment and follow up on all property tax issues for serviced loans. Monitor and follow up with members on past due property taxes including force placing escrow as needed.
- Opening and distribution of daily mail
- Verbal & written response to member mortgage servicing inquiries
- Accurate issuance of mortgage payoff statements
- Assist in preparation, distribution and member inquiries of annual tax & insurance analysis and PMI insurance disclosures. Assist with annual escrow analysis and pre-audit.
- Adhering to investor guidelines while administrating insurance loss claims
- Assist in maintaining department audit reports as they pertain to this job description
- Make concentrated efforts to solve member problems and make sound decisions
- Greet members and guests to the Credit Union in a professional and courteous manner
- Other duties, as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Entry Level position with willingness and ability to acquire mortgage servicing knowledge.
- Bank teller experience and/or mortgage background is preferred, not required.
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact and phone communication is preferred.
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross-functional team environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Ability to use a 10-key.
- Ability to be certified as a notary.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multi-task duties.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies & procedures, and fundamentals of mortgage lending concepts.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.