Mortgage Loan Processor II
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Contact: Rebecca Gring
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 906-9762
Serves as primary contact for mortgage borrowers throughout the processing of first and second mortgage loan files. Possesses a clear understanding of documentation and qualification standards for all mortgage programs. Performs a variety of duties and responsibilities related to preparation of loan disclosures, loan processing, quality control review, preparation and creation of closing documentation. Duties also include administrative support for all first and second mortgage originations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison between members and Mortgage Loan Officers. Provides members with timely and periodic status updates on their loan applications. Returns all inquiry calls within one business day.
- Collects all required documentation from applicants and follows up on any missing items.
- Processes first and second mortgage product disclosures in a timely manner and within all applicable regulations.
- Ensures pricing and fees are accurately reflected on each transaction.
- Prepares loan file per Loan Approval to ensure closing disclosures are ready to be issued once a closing date is established.
- Executes all closing disclosures accurately and within regulations to meet scheduled closing dates and timelines.
- Compiles documents for member files and enters data for processing and assessment.
- Processes the documents received for each file, verifying the accuracy and completeness of each document.
- Obtains and reviews all necessary appraisals, title and tax certificates, credit documents, mortgage insurance, flood and hazard insurance, HOA certificates, subordination agreements and other documents as required.
- Ensures all mortgage files are complete and in compliance with regulatory agencies and internal policies. Ensures member privacy, security of files and appropriate staff access.
- Prepares commitment letters, denial letters and cancels files when necessary.
- Exercises diligent pipeline management through communication to borrowers and Mortgage Loan Officers. Ensures loan files are consistently updated with appropriate status for effective pipeline forecasting by management.
- Reviews names, collateral information (address and legal description), title vesting and member numbers for accuracy according to Loan Approval.
- Serves as back-up to Mortgage Closing Specialist in preparing first and second mortgage loan closing documents. Works with assigned title company or mobile notary service to facilitate the delivery of mortgage documents to meet scheduled closings. Reviews returned signed documents to ensure accuracy of completion.
- Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Utilizes Credit Union reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program and policy information to external members and internal business partners.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Frequent contact with members, employees and other financial institutions and businesses.
High school diploma or equivalent. Coursework related to finance, accounting, mortgage secondary market preferred. Minimum of two years Mortgage lending experience. Financial institution experience preferred.
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Must follow the Credit Union’s written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), to include completion of the registration process, use of the unique identifier and maintenance of this registration as required.
- Ability to maintain thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Understanding of real estate terminology including first, second and adjustable rate mortgages, trust deeds, rescission periods and reconveyances.
Professional and friendly demeanor. Ability to quickly develop rapport with members over the phone. Excellent listening skills.
Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Familiarity with loan processing systems preferred. Ability to learn the Credit Union’s core banking system in order to process member transactions.
Proven ability to handle tasks accurately and completely, with attentiveness to detail in a multi-tasking environment.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently, organize time and prioritize duties to ensure an effective workflow.
Ability to work as part of a team in ensuring all service level agreements and closing timelines are met in a positive and collaborative work environment.
At Rivermark Community Credit Union, service to our members is at the heart of everything we do. When you join Rivermark, you join a winning team of employees whose mission is “Rivermark makes life better with incredible financial solutions anywhere, anytime.”
For over 65 years, our employees have worked to define what Rivermark is today. They are the foundation of our business, the key to continued growth and success in the future and the reason why Rivermark is a great company to work for!