Mortgage Loan Processor
Verity Credit Union - CUHMS
Contact: Maggie Flick
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure loan package complies with all credit union, investor, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, HUD and VA policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure loan conditions of approval are requested and received in a timely manner. Follow up on conditions when necessary.
- Submit clear and accurate loan files to underwriting.
- Monitor and update mortgage pipeline to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Effectively communicate status and conditions to all parties involved.
- Review all documents throughout process to ensure acceptability. Request underwriting review and approval of loan conditions.
- Identify and resolve loan deficiencies in a timely fashion. Seek supervisor or management assistance as needed.
- Ensure all canceled and denied loans are processed within regulatory rules and regulations.
- Makes a concentrated effort to solve member problems and make sound decisions
- Promote Credit Union’s services and cross-sell products
- Greet members and guests to the Credit Union in a professional and courteous manner
- Other duties, as assigned
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in processing mortgages highly desired
- Experience in conventional, FHA, and VA loans.
- Thorough knowledge of all RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, HUD and VA rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a mainframe and personal computer.
- Ability to use a 10-key.
- Ability to be certified as a notary.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multi-task duties.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of mortgage lending concepts.
- Superior customer service skills
CU Home Mortgage Solutions is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.
Interested in Applying? Apply here.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. CU Home Mortgage Solutions is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a CU Home Mortgage Solutions representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.