Mortgage Loan Processor
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure loan package complies with all credit union, investor, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, HUD and VA policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure loan conditions of approval are requested and received in a timely manner. Follow up on conditions when necessary.
- Submit clear and accurate loan files to underwriting.
- Monitor and update mortgage pipeline to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Effectively communicate status and conditions to all parties involved.
- Review all documents throughout process to ensure acceptability. Request underwriting review and approval of loan conditions.
- Identify and resolve loan deficiencies in a timely fashion. Seek supervisor or management assistance as needed.
- Ensure all canceled and denied loans are processed within regulatory rules and regulations.
- Makes a concentrated effort to solve member problems and make sound decisions
- Promote Credit Union’s services and cross-sell products
- Greet members and guests to the Credit Union in a professional and courteous manner
- Other duties, as assigned
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in processing mortgages highly desired
- Experience in conventional, FHA, and VA loans.
- Thorough knowledge of all RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, HUD and VA rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a mainframe and personal computer.
- Ability to use a 10-key.
- Ability to be certified as a notary.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multi-task duties.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of mortgage lending concepts.
- Superior customer service skills
CU Home Mortgage Solutions is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.