Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
Verity Credit Union
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
Phone: (206) 440-9000
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
Job Level: Entry to Experienced
Job Location: Northgate – Seattle, WA
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Admin – Clerical
CU Home Mortgage Solutions (CUHMS), a CUSO co-owned by Harborstone and Verity Credit Union, is hiring a Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant that will provide administrative and clerical support to the origination staff. These duties will include assisting the Loan Officers by setting up and maintaining organized loan files, returning phone calls and preparing files to be submitted for underwriting. They will be responsible for continuously monitoring the status of TBD applications and staying in constant contact with members and real estate agents as necessary to ensure that files are moving through the approval process and closing in a timely fashion.
Who We Are…
CU Home Mortgage Solutions (NMLS #793241) is Seattle-based, credit union-owned mortgage company serving our credit union partners’ members since 2007. We are different from other mortgage companies because our non-profit owners’ goals are to make the home loan process convenient and simple for their members. We specialize in both mortgage financing and servicing, but also support our credit union partners in promoting their member resources about home ownership and other mortgage offerings, including hosting free educational seminars for credit union members and real estate professionals.
We strive to make the experience of our credit union partners, their members, and our employees a perfect 10. Our employees have access to a great benefits package including: premium health care coverage, zero premium dental, zero premium vision, 401k retirement plan matching, career training, tuition assistance, paid parental leave, commuter benefits, and much more. We are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the second year in a row as voted by our employees!.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Stay in communication with members on TBD applications.
– Promptly respond to inquiries regarding loan programs and pre-qualifications.
– Promptly respond to real estate agents regarding purchase pre-approvals and loan status updates.
– Direct and counsel partners on appropriate loan structure within the guidelines established by loan policies and procedures.
– Counsel partners and provide assistance with completing loan applications
– Review applications with members to ensure complete, clear and accurate loan applications are submitted to processing.
– Secure member documentation and maintain member confidentiality.
– Ensure all loan packages comply with all company, investor, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, procedures, rules and regulations.
– Clearly communicate the mortgage process and loan status to member and other parties involved in transaction.
– Assist processors as needed with day to day operations.
– Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to ensure member and partner satisfaction
– Exhibit attention to detail, a professional appearance, and a willingness to work flexible hours including extended hours as business needs require.
– Make a concentrated effort to solve member problems and make sound decisions.
– Greet members and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
Apply here: https://www.veritycu.com/careers
Experience and Education
- Current NMLS license with up to a year’s experience originating loans; demonstrated ability to maintain a status in good standing under SAFE Act requirements
- 2 or more years general mortgage industry experience is a plus
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of mortgage products, industry regulations, and underwriting standards
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, good organizational skills and prioritizing ability to meet service standards and deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to market changes quickly
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as a team with minimal supervision
- Mental ability to effectively handle member complaints and employee relations conflicts
- Present a positive and professional image to all employees and members
- Ability to use technical resources
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data
- Superior sales and customer service skills is critical to success
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to manage a complex function and set production target goals
CU Home Mortgage Solutions is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. CU Home Mortgage Solutions is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a CU Home Mortgage Solutions representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.