Mortgage Loan Assistant
Horizon Credit Union
Region: Boise, ID
Contact: Maria Marshall
Phone: (208) 947-0126
The Mortgage Loan Assistant will support the mortgage loan origination process and is responsible for ensuring Horizon Credit Union complies with the initial disclosure process. Will work with Mortgage Loan Advisor’s (MLA), Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO’s) and members to expedite the loan origination process.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Follows up, as needed, on borrower exhibits and conditions that have been requested by the MLA/MLO to prepare the file for approval and processing.
- Shares responsibility with MLA’s/MLO’s for acquiring and following up on all conditions ordered by the loan processor prior to funding the loans.
- Manage MLO/MLA file cancellations within required regulatory timeframes.
- Manage and assist MLA’s/MLO’s pipelines with 30-day calls, adding comments to files, notifications of approval and HMDA corrections.
- Send adverse action notices on behalf of MLA’s/MLO’s within required regulatory timelines.
- Manage referrals from call center and DocuMatrix, disburse to MLA’s/MLO’s on a rotation basis.
- Prepares and sends HMDA reports to MLA’s/MLO’s on a weekly basis.
- Prepares and sends referral reports to retail branches and marketing.
- Discuss credit union programs, rates and terms with prospective borrowers as needed.
- Complete mortgage loan applications for prospective borrowers, as needed
- Manages small, personal pipeline of active mortgage loans
- Support Director of Mortgage Banking, Mortgage Sales Manager, and Mortgage Operations Manager with other tasks, projects and administrative support for the Mortgage Real Estate Department as needed.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Persistent in following standard mortgage and lending practices, accurately recording mortgage and file information, maintain effective communication skills and a professional and positive attitude towards members, colleagues, and real estate processing group.
~ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended nor do they create an employment contract and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon CU’s goals employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify or CORE Values
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Provide our members with the highest quality service
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED; two years related experience in Real Estate Processing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related work experience may substitute for education. NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Registration. Must pass applicable requirements within first 30 days of employment.
- Organized, on task, proactive and provide exceptional member service.
- Detail oriented and have strong follow up with members and MLA’s
- Strong knowledge and understanding of conforming, nonconforming, and government loans and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending compliance requirements, such as REG B to REG Z.
- Works well with team members and have open communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as credit bureau reports, debt to income ratio reports, policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with borrowers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively through all communication channels, for instance phone and email.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where a considerable amount of standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written form, including but not limited to Loan Policy and Procedural Manuals, Regulation Z, Section 91 – The Fair Credit Reporting Act, and UCC.
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following work place demands: ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods of time. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. Position requires sound reasoning, good judgement and ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
High school diploma or equivalent