Verity Credit Union
Who We Are…
CU Home Mortgage Solutions (NMLS #793241) is Seattle-based credit union-owned mortgage company serving our credit union partners’ members since 2007. We are different from other mortgage companies because our non-profit owners’ goals are to make the home loan process convenient and simple for their members. We specialize in both mortgage financing and servicing, but also support our credit union partners in promoting their member resources about home ownership and other mortgage offerings, including hosting free educational seminars for credit union members and real estate professionals.
We strive to make the experience of our credit union partners, their members, and our employees a perfect 10. Our employees have access to a great benefits package including: premium health care coverage, zero premium dental, zero premium vision, 401k retirement plan matching, career training, tuition assistance, paid parental leave, commuter benefits, and much more. We are honored to be a 2019 National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row as voted by our employees!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist Underwriters with loan files via logging conditions, running the Automated Underwriting System (AUS), and submitting to PMI.
• Prepare and submit loan packages for non-delegated loans to appropriate agency (PMI, correspondent lenders and outsourcing partners.
• Preparing and issuing loan approvals under the supervision of the Underwriters and Operations Manager.
• Examine and analyze loan conditions; determine if underwriter oversight is required and clear conditions accordingly.
• Review credit reports and income and asset documents to ensure compliance with stated guidelines.
• Answer incoming phone calls and communicate any relevant information with branch personnel.
• Read and respond to routine department emails.
• Request appraisal support where requested by Underwriter (AVMs, desk reviews).
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of one year total experience in mortgage lending related roles
• Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs and Microsoft Office Suite
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Passionate about providing a superior member experience.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
• Intermediate math skills
• Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet work deadlines.
• Ethical, with a commitment to company values.