Salal Credit Union
Salal Credit Union is looking for a Mortgage Advisor to join our Home Lending team. Our Mortgage Advisors receive sales leads from various departments and serve as the liaison between back-office mortgage lending staff and members by providing excellent communication between all parties. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in helping our members meet their goals of owning a home!
With a base salary plus bonus compensation structure, earning potential can vary. After pandemic regulations relax a bit more, this advisor would be expected to do some traveling between our 5 Seattle-area branches throughout the month.
In this role you will:
- Assist branch staff and members with mortgage questions and inquiries.
- Conduct outreach to existing members via phone or e-mail for sales opportunities.
- Follow-up on assigned mortgage referrals from branch staff and other departments, and work to develop leads into loan applications.
- Meet with members at various branch locations and report to the corporate office for meetings as requested.
- Collection of documentation and completion of assigned loan applications. Review new mortgage applications to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Monitor mortgage rates daily, communicate with members regarding rate locks, and submit rate lock requests to back-office staff.
- Expedite loans in process by regularly reviewing pipeline. Correspond with borrowers, back-office team, and other third-parties throughout the transaction to ensure a smooth and transparent loan process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- One year of financial industry or related sales experience required.
- Mortgage industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong sales and customer service skills are a must.
Salal Credit Union strives to maintain a work environment free from discrimination where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees contribute to the Credit Union’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. Salal Credit Union does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, size or shape, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, and discipline. We believe that by adhering to these policies we can cultivate a welcoming environment by embracing each individual’s identities and abilities.
To request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or if you need this job announcement in an alternative format, contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have internet access, you may visit your local public library or any WorkSource location and use their computers.
Salal Credit Union participates in E-Verify