Member Solutions Specialist III
Seattle Credit Union
Job Title: MEMBER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST III
Functional Area: Lending Department: Member Solutions
Reports to: Member Solutions Manager
Employee Type: Regular, FT
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Functions
- Support operations in all areas of collections, such as consumer collections, bankruptcies, legal and 3rd party assignments, charge-off recoveries, real estate (including foreclosures and OREO) and repossessions.
- Proactively contact members at all stages of delinquency to arrange for payment.
- Handle escalated calls from other Member Solutions Specialists, providing appropriate and equitable solutions.
- Collaborate with peers (within and outside the department) and management to identify creative solutions that drive member satisfaction and maximize efficiencies.
- Handle investigation and resolution of high-profile problems on member loans.
- Provide and receive timely and honest feedback, while demonstrating empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Provide leadership and actively participate in group discussions.
- Assist manager in generating periodic reports, such as charge-off and probable loss reports.
- Uphold Seattle Credit Union’s collection policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Able to represent the credit union in court.
- Able to represent the credit union in industry meetings and training conferences.
- Support, promote, and cross-sell the credit union’s products and services.
Other duties may be assigned.Working Conditions
- Work is generally performed in a remote work environment.
- May occasionally be required to attend off-hours or in-person meetings.
- Some Saturday shifts will be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations such as the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, UDAAP, Reg Z, Washington State Foreclosure Fairness Act and Bankruptcy laws.
- Interest in credit union history and philosophy preferred.
- Software: Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Business English, composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and letter format.
- Basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentages) and some knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Accurate office skills: ten-key, keyboarding.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Motivate and engage teammate.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- 3 years’ of collections experience; at least one year in a credit union or other financial institution preferred.
- 2 years’ experience handling repossessions and bankruptcy.
- 1 year’s experience handling real estate collections and foreclosures
- Experience handling calls escalated from other team members
- Experience with Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae guidelines and reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.