Member Solutions Specialist – Collections
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Member Solutions Specialist mitigates risk to the Credit Union by negotiating solutions to lower collections risk and net loss exposure to our membership, ensuring our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Complete functions pertaining to delinquency/default of a variety of loans to ensure payment, recovery, problem resolution and protection of the Credit Union’s interests.
- Gather information and maintain communications to ensure a strong member experience.
- Recommend effective solutions in complex situations.
- Monitor accounts and perform follow-up as needed. Make appropriate referrals for repossession, charge-off and referral to outside agencies.
- Meet department goals for delinquency, write-off, and recovery, while handling a high workload and call volume.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- High school education or equivalent certificate
- At least one year of experience reviewing and analyzing account notes to determine course of action required
- Collections experience in a financial institution, including basic knowledge of debt collection practices in consumer loans preferred
- Basic knowledge of collection laws, including OUDCPA and FDCPA, strongly desired.
- Basic knowledge of bankruptcy and repossession
- Mathematical ability necessary to set up arrangements involving multiple payments and to analyze member budgets.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
For immediate consideration apply online at www.unitusccu.com .
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.