Member Solution Specialist – Progress Ridge (MSS)
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Contact: Andrea Carlson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 906-9404
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional member service including making eye contact, welcoming and greeting members and demonstrating willingness and interest to help by body language and a friendly tone of voice.
- Monitors lobby traffic to ensure members are being helped in a timely and welcoming manner.
- Processes loan requests from all channels. Interviews for additional loan options, complies with loan policies and procedures, prepares documents and books loans. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services throughout the loan process.
- Completes onboarding activities for all new members and/or loans.
- Takes complete ownership of every interaction whether it requires a call back, extended research or assistance from other teams until complete.
- Assists members using the Personal Teller Kiosks (PTKs). Educates members to make them comfortable and competent using the interactive technology.
- Possesses override capabilities and increased transaction limits.
- Assists members with online banking issues and offers other technical assistance regarding electronic devices. Resets passwords, challenge questions and PINs for members according to procedures.
- Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
- Meets or exceeds personal sales goals. Acts as a leader in sales, product knowledge, member solutions and work ethic.
- Actively participates in coaching scenarios with management.
- Follows the Credit Union’s written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all required regulations and to prevent fraud and losses.
- Monitors and coordinates replenishment of branch supplies as requested.
- Continuously improves individual level of competency through training and development via established educational programs.
- Skillfully handles and resolves difficult member situations for member satisfaction within appropriate guidelines and procedures. Enlists management in successful member resolution, if necessary.
- Makes follow-up calls or emails to members regarding promotions, products and services.
- Responds to member documentation requests as requested.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Frequent contact with members and employees.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years financial institution experience in sales and consumer loans or minimum two years retail sales experience in a goal-driven environment with proven results.
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Must possess and maintain current State of Oregon Producer Limited Line (credit) insurance license or be eligible to obtain the appropriate license within a 90-day period.
- Advanced knowledge of all Credit Union products and services and related legal and regulatory requirements. Extensive knowledge of the documents and forms required to complete consumer loans, IRAs, business and trust accounts, plastic cards, online banking and bill payment transactions.
- Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly and efficiently across several different platforms simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, data entry, ten-key calculator and math skills.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion when handling confidential member account information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to follow through on tasks with accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle processes, product and work flow changes productively.
- Working knowledge of acceptable negotiable items and member identification.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to build relationships with members through all channels. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one and in a group setting. Ability to remain calm when helping difficult and/or irate members.
- Exceptional member service and sales skills in order to meet our members’ financial needs and make contributions toward the achievement of Credit Union goals.
- Ability to proficiently explain remote delivery channels and options with members.
- Willingness to keep work space organized and tidy.
- Comfortable being evaluated against performance standards.
- Research and problem-solving skills in order to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to maintain and project the Credit Union’s professional reputation.