Member Services Representative
Point West Credit Union
Contact: Tammie Houston
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 546-5355
Fax: (503) 546-5016
Provides reliable and accurate handling of members’ monetary transactions with attention to the specific account/loan being processed (e.g., deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, wires, money orders, gift cards, miscellaneous receipts, etc.) through regular attendance, accuracy and attention to detail. Balances cash drawer and accurately settles and records all daily activities.
Assists members and potential members with opening, maintaining and closing accounts, answering questions about products and services (including debit and credit cards), and resolving member issues that are within their authority to resolve via face-to-face and over-the-phone interactions. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to the Branch Manager. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells relevant products and services to members.
Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties including filing, project work, computer input, and other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Corresponds with or interviews new account and/or loan applicants; collects necessary documents for approval and processing in compliance with Credit Union procedures, polices and legal requirements. Takes phone calls, answers general account and/or loan questions, calculates payments, and takes loan applications on the phone from members and potential members.
- Provide friendly, prompt, professional, and accurate service and support to all members and associates by greeting all branch visitors within one (1) minute upon arrival, assisting all members (or providing a personal check-in) within five (5) minutes, answering team member phone calls within (3) rings, and responding to all outstanding member and team member correspondence and messages within three (3) hours and no later than the end of the business day.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and appropriately document member and team member inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Accurately post and appropriately document transactions, having minimal unresolved posting errors.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all relevant Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including current lending policies and procedures.
- Ensure all paperwork related to new/current member accounts and/or member loans is processed and completed in compliance with relevant regulations and with minimal unresolved errors.
- Successfully recommend a new product or service to 25% of all members interacted with daily.
A high school education or GED.
Experience: Six (6) months to two (2) years of similar or related experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Managerial Responsibility: Has no supervisory/managerial responsibilities.