Member Service Supervisor
Self-Help Federal Credit Union
The Member Service Supervisor (MSS) supervises and coordinates activities of all branch MSR and branch operation (if applicable) staff and reports to the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, or other designee. The MSS oversees, coaches, and trains all MSRs in promoting products and services, member transactions, balancing daily settlements, and meeting member needs. The MSS is responsible for accurate and efficient processing of member transactions, promoting products and services, making modifications to accounts, adding account services, opening new accounts, and performing those functions according to the policies & guidelines of the credit union in a friendly, helpful manner.
The Member Service Supervisor will work 3 days in our Grandview branch and 2 days in our Sunnyside branch.
In addition to having mastered the responsibilities of MSR I and MSR II/L duties, the MSS is also responsible for the follow duties and responsibilities
BRANCH OPERATIONS/STAFF SUPPORT
- Ensure workstations are organized and equipped for the start of the business day.
- Assist in ensuring the operations line is properly staffed and effectively operational.
- Provide guidance to MSRs, as appropriate, with more difficult transactions.
- Evaluate documents prepared by all MSRs to ensure compliance with credit union policies and procedures.
- Assist all MSRs in balancing daily transactions.
- Control cash and all negotiable items. Ensure cash and other negotiable items are secured according to policy throughout course of day.
- Ensure branch is supplied with appropriate cash adhering to branch limits.
- Maintain minimum amount of cash in teller drawers to ensure compliance with security/safety measures.
- Process currency shipments under dual control.
- May remove, count, and record cash from ATM and/or supervise others completing this task.
- Conduct surprise cash drawer audits.
- Ensure all General Ledgers are in balance. Perform research to resolve problems.
- Be responsible for on-the-job training of new MSRs, providing general performance input to the management of the branch.
- Provide feedback to management on the production and goals of other MSRs.
- Coach and track all MSRs on promoting products and service skills.
- Make safety related decisions especially in emergencies, when members or staff may be in harm’s way.
- Conduct staff meetings, including training and/or providing regulatory or processes updates. Models great customer service for staff.
- Complete self-assessments or ensure they are completed thoroughly and accurately and on time.
- Participate and/or lead performance and accountability sessions with MSR staff under the guidance and direction of the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager.
- Ensure daily processes are being followed; open and close branch as needed
- Participates in hiring and selection process in conjunction with Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager.
- Develop work schedules for staff to ensure appropriate level of coverage.
- Resolve member account-related problems and ensure positive public relations.
- Explain services to potential personal and business account members to generate additional business for the credit union.
- Adhere to general regulatory procedures including requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering rules.
- Actively support business development activities including attending in person, or staffing properly so that staff may attend.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- English/Spanish fluency preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years’ MSR or equivalent experience required.
- Prior cash handling and customer service experience
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Ability to maintain a proficient level of knowledge and ability to open and service IRAs, certificates, money market and other credit union deposit products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
- May be required to travel to cover other Branches.
- Working knowledge of computer software systems – New Solutions and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and ability to be trained and efficiently operate credit union systems and proprietary software.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Competitive nonprofit compensation, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.