Member Service Representative/Teller
Nordstrom Federal Credit Union
Contact: Alison Peek
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 774-2905
Nordstrom Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced Member Service Representative to join our team. Previous bank or credit union experience preferred.
This position is responsible for delivering quality member service through face-to-face or telephone contact. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union products or policies.
• Handle transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members via face-to-face and telephone.
• Operate and balance cash drawer.
• Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
• Process stop payments on checking accounts, order cards, and answer questions regarding VISA cards, ATM cards, IRAs and investments.
• Cross-sell credit union products and services when appropriate.
• Assist members with basic questions regarding their loans and accept loan applications.
• Responsible for researching member inquiries to ensure proper follow up and satisfaction.
• Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
• Conduct orientation interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member.
• Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s account.
• Previous banking/credit union, cashiering, sales, and customer service preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• Cash handling/balancing.
• Accurate 10-key skills and keyboarding/typing skills.
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
• Good organizational and filing skills.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
• Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
• Must maintain very satisfactory attendance.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and 401k.
High School diploma or GED