Member Service Representative II
Providence Federal Credit Union
Region: Portland, Oregon
Contact: Mark Gonzalez
Phone: (503) 216-2729
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/2Wk18kQ
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Providence FCU competencies, compliance, regulatory and information protection requirements.
- Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing a relationship building approach to ensure the full experience cycle is achieved.
- Provide notary services with Providence FCU membership.
- Ensure all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service and that member problems/complaints are resolved promptly and courteously, with follow through resolution.
- Conduct thorough interviews by completing applications and the necessary documentation for existing and new members.
- Develop new member relationships through existing member referrals by providing members with excellent service. Actively participate in all relationship management and service related activities, goals and responsibilities as requested.
- Cross train for loan processing duties, serve as backup when needed
- Work with members to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
- Consistently achieve individual loan growth and deposit growth goals
- Interview members and non-members to obtain information for loan and new member applications and to answer questions about the process
- Explain to members the different types of loans, credit, deposit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Deepen member relationships by determining member needs and promoting and cross-selling credit union products and services
- Communicate loan decisions and conditions to members
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies, and other compliance obligations
- Sign and fund loans and member deposit documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in required meetings and training
- Handle Member complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Provide our internal and external members excellent member service
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
- Perform general secretarial tasks, typing / filing as needed
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- 1-3 or more years of experience selling and processing loans. Prior Credit Union experience highly desired.
- Must possess one or more of the following: Prior credit union or financial services experience; Accounting background; 1-5 years (minimum) prior employment in a customer service position that required cash handling.
- Continued participation in lending classes and/or workshops to further job knowledge as necessary
- Preferred, registered with NMLS Federal Registry
- Must be bondable.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.”
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.