Member Service Representative I
SELCO Community Credit Union
Member Service Representative I
Location: Burns, Oregon
Employment type/status: Regular, Part-Time (25 hours/week)
Benefit eligible: Yes, eligible for some benefits
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Work location: this position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements
Starting pay range: $18.94 – $20.95 per hour. This position is eligible to earn additional monthly and annual incentives.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a part-time Member Service Representative I to join our team at our branch in Burns, Oregon. This position provides an exceptional service experience for SELCO’s members, team members, and guests. The successful candidate brings a minimum of six (6) months cash handling and customer service or sales experience. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/why-selco/careers/!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcome and interact with members, team members and guests in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help, and consistently address and thank the member by name.
- Provide member service and perform duties with a high level of accuracy, efficiency and in alignment with service expectations, instructions, policies and procedures including:
- Build and develop member relationships by asking open-ended questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and cross-selling suitable SELCO’s core and specialized products and services.
- Routine teller services i.e., counting and documenting cash, posting transactions, etc.
- Complex teller services i.e., GL entries, vault balancing, etc.
- Basic member service i.e., processing ACH, card, wire, and account change requests.
- Assist team members and other departments, as needed.
- Demonstrate adaptability and leadership skills, and uphold SELCO’s mission statement, corporate values, service promises, and exceptional customer service standards.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, Credit Union policies, confidentiality requirements, and other compliance obligations.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the G-VAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Initiative and ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO’s products and services.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working independently and as part of a team at all organizational levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through job training and self-study of procedures and updates.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least six (6) months cash handling and customer service or sales experience; and
- Must be bondable.