Member Service Representative
IBEW & United Workers Federal Credit Union
- Performs a variety of duties assigned by the Senior Member Service Representative to assist in the daily member service functions.
- Conducts teller transactions as requested by the members including (but not limited
- to) deposits, withdrawals, transfers, issuing checks, selling money orders, posting loan payments.
- Answers phones and provides requested information, handles member complaints or refers people to the proper department, and returns calls when necessary.
- Posts incoming wires.
- Blocks and performs maintenance on member’s accounts as necessary.
- Places stop payments, holds or flags on members accounts when loss or theft is reported.
- Orders replacement ATM, debit or VISA cards when needed.
- Posts mail and night drop deposits and payments.
- Must answer questions regarding Credit Union products and services, therefore, must possess a basic knowledge of all products offered.
- May balance coin machine.
- Must assist other members of the department when needed.
- Must perform as part of the team.
- Orders checks and backs up the New Accounts Representative when asked.
- Will perform various month end duties as assigned.
- Interfaces with other departments to complete job tasks and fulfill member requests.
Must also perform any other duties, including filling in in other departments as assigned by the Sr. MSR and/or Management
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and documentation.
- The ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work independently or as a team.
- Must possess good communication skills, including effective telephone skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to do multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- The flexibility to make immediate and unscheduled job changes.
- The willingness to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Able to stay focused on a task until completed.
- An understanding and a willingness to meet required deadlines.
- An understanding of the necessity of complete accuracy in all member service functions.
- The ability and the willingness to work within all performance standards of the Credit Union.
- Proficient in the use of computers.
- Willingness to continue education to increase job efficiency.
- Must keep current on regulations and policies.
Education: High school graduate; some college preferred
Experience: Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the banking industry,
preferably in a credit union environment.
Skills: Ability to demonstrate efficient and accurate 10 key.
Proficient in the use of the computer.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions.
Excellent communication skills.
The willingness and ability to cross sell services
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.