Member Service Representative
TAPCO Credit Union
Vacancies: 3 FT Location TBD, 1 PT at Frederickson Branch
Performs transactional paying and receiving duties as a service professional to TAPCO Credit Union members with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Greets and welcomes members in a professional manner. Provides excellent member service by providing prompt and accurate member transactions. Promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members.
Embraces and lives TAPCO’s Values.
- Trust & Understanding
- Respect for ourselves and others
- Integrity in all we do
- Holding ourselves and each other accountable
Ownership and Pride
- Goes above and beyond in an effort to do the best job they can. Displays professionalism in approach to work.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in all tasks and goals. Maintains focus in the face of obstacles. Uses time efficiently.
- Treats all people with dignity, respect and fairness. Shares time, energy and knowledge with others to ensure they can succeed.
Coping with Pressure & Adversity
- Communicates confidence and steadiness during difficult times; adapts readily to new situations; projects confidence and poise and accepts setbacks with grace.
Service to Others/Member Focus
- Listens to members (internal and external) and addresses needs and concerns. Follows through on promises and maintains confidentiality.
- Works with purpose. Is passionate and determined. Embraces and drives change.
- Balances work priorities with personal priorities so that neither is neglected.
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a professional manner providing prompt, excellent service and accurate member transactions.
- Assists member with paying and receiving transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, money orders, cashier’s checks, checks and loan payments.
- Handles cash and checks within set limits and places holds where needed.
- Balances cash drawer at end of business day and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Process plastic cards, orders checks and processes stop payments.
- Performs drive-up functions and night drop duties as assigned.
- May have opening and closing responsibilities.
- Build and retain member relationships through outbound calling to current and potential members.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Promotes, explains and cross-sells TAPCO services and products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Models a high level of member service and professional demeanor.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- 1 year cash handling experience.
- 1 year of customer service experiencing.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
Position Working Conditions
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Onsite work is essential.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time.