Member Service Representative
Contact: Rose Gallegos
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (253) 565-9895
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a professional manner providing prompt, excellent service and accurate member transactions.
- Opens new member accounts, certificate of deposits, IRAs and HSA accounts.
- Processes plastic cards, opens/closes safety deposit boxes and processes stop payments as needed.
- Receives and processes applications for consumer and mortgage loans. Meets with applicants, explains credit policies, provides guidance and verifies application data and credit criteria.
- Understands and sells GAP, mechanical warranties and payment protections plans.
- Assists member with paying and receiving transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, money orders, cashier’s checks, checks and loan payments.
- Balance cash drawer at end of business day and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Handles cash and checks within set limits and places holds when needed.
- Performs drive-up functions and night drop duties as assigned.
- May have opening and closing responsibilities.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Registers and maintains registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- Promotes, explains and cross-sells TAPCO services and products.
- Models a high level of member service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- 6 months experience as a MSR 2 or equivalent experience as a service rep and consumer loan originator in a financial institution.
- Registered NMLS.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- High level of member service and good verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Understanding of credit union policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of consumer and mortgage lending processing, practices and regulations.
Position Working Conditions
- The work environment is an office setting
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time