Member Service Representative
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists members by phone with a variety of transactions in an efficient, accurate, confidential and professional manner. Provides service for On-Line Banking access across multiple devices.
- Meets or exceeds personal sales goals. Shows competency in sales, product knowledge, member solutions and work ethic.
- Takes ownership of every member interaction, whether it requires a call back, extended research or assistance from other teams.
- Actively participates in and receives coaching scenarios from management and peer to peer coaching.
- Follows the Credit Unions written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all required regulations and to prevent fraud and losses.
- Continuously improves individual level of competency through training and development via established educational programs.
- Shows competency handling and resolving difficult situations for member satisfaction within appropriate guidelines and procedures. Access tools and resources for successful problem resolution.
- Displays continued improvement on the job through self-driven learning about the Credit Union Community.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years sales experience in a financial institution or minimum two years retail sales experience in a goal-driven environment with proven results. Call center experience preferred.
Requirements Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly and efficiently across several different platforms simultaneously.
- Proficient in computer software, data entry, ten-key calculator and math skills.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion when handling confidential member account information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to follow through on tasks with accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle process, product and workflow changes productively.
- Working knowledge of acceptable negotiable items and member identification.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to build relationships with members through all channels. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one and in a group setting. Ability to remain calm when helping difficult and/or irate members.
- Exceptional member service and sales skills to meet our members financial needs and make contributions towards the achievement of Credit Union goals.
- Ability to keep work space organized and tidy.
- Comfortable being evaluated against performance standards.
- Research and problem-solving skills in order to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to maintain and project the Credit Unions professional reputation.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Continuous contact with members. Frequent contact with employees.