Member Service Officer
iQ Credit Union
Region: Vancouver, WA
Contact: Josh Smith
Phone: (360) 418-4169
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the features and benefits of Credit Union services and of selling skills.
- Successfully cross-sell Credit Union services.
- Meet established performance objectives in member service and operations.
- Actively participate in branch activities and weekly sales meetings to achieve service and sales goals.
- Work closely with team members to ensure a positive team environment and overall member experience.
- Actively participate in monthly coaching to leverage talents and development opportunities. Commit to and successfully execute on agreed upon action plans with management.
- Actively support our service and sales environment within the branch based on our Vision, Mission and Operating Principles of the Credit Union and our Retail Service Level Agreement.
- Use skillful interview techniques in order to determine member needs and wants and successfully close sales.
- Utilize the Credit Union’s Member Management system to build and maintain a personal Book of Business (BOB).
- Develop new managed relationship members using Member Onboarding strategy.
- Build and maintain Book of Business through regular contact. Use established relationships to determine services or special promotions specifically benefitting members included in BOB.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Credit Union products and services, including eligibility for members, types of accounts available (savings, checking, loans and other financial services); all current rates; calculation of dividends and interest, insurance coverage available, payroll deduction and other deposit and payment plans.
- Follow up with all referral opportunities via phone and written communication.
- Initiate daily quality assurance/sales calls to build relationships with members and increase use of Credit Union services.
- Accept and accurately process account and loan requests in accordance with established Credit Union guidelines. Demonstrate integrity in lending and account documentation.
- Assist members with any questions or problems with their accounts including any research and, if necessary, correction of any errors.
- Promptly and efficiently handle direct, phone, or written inquiries or requests from members or other staff.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers received over the counter, through the mail, in night drop and by telephone.
- Organize work in order to give prompt attention to member requests.
- Hold appropriate license/s to offer products and services offered.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
This position is subject to the SAFE Act Registration Requirements – You must register and remain in good standing with the Federal Registry System (NMLS) per the SAFE Act requirements. You will be required to submit to the SAFE Act background check and fingerprinting process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your continued employment and may cause immediate termination.