Member Service Manager
Wauna Credit Union
Contact: Anna Bennett
This position is responsible for all front line operations; lobby traffic; member relations; sales and service levels; Member Consultant (MC) duties; vault and ATM balancing; closing procedures and building security. Position has full responsibility for the branch and for ensuring the highest quality member service, with authority to freely use independent judgment and make discretionary decisions regarding the branch. Position assists MCs as needed with procedural, policy and member related concerns. This position is overtime exempt.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with MCs following Integrity Coaching process to assess performance, training needs, goal achievement.
- Uphold and use TMA (The Member Advantage) AID,Inc principles to serve our members and meet CU sales and service goals; identify, recommend and sell products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member.
- Be an ambassador for Wauna Credit Union in the community.
- Model cross sales techniques and coach employee to reach their assigned service, sales and incentive program goals.
- Supervise MCs, determine training needs, develop core competencies, assess performance, prepare annual performance evaluations, and coach to succeed in their jobs; set goals and make salary adjustment recommendations.
- Accurately perform any and all job duties on the MC job descriptions.
- Position has authority to hire, discharge and make recommendations on the advancement of MCs.
- Facilitate resolving differences of opinions and conflicts of personality among team members.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all services, accounts, and activities of the credit union.
- Facilitate the resolution of problems with member accounts and services; field and resolve complaints in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain a cash drawer and be a role model for balancing and accuracy standards.
- Conduct weekly “stand-up” meetings at a minimum, or more frequently as needed, to establish expectations for the branch, explain changes, and conduct training sessions.
- Prepare work schedules including PTO, offsite training, and meetings.
- Responsible to oversee duties of a Vault Teller, processing of cash shipments and orders, balancing, replenishing and maintenance of vault and ATM; alert Area Branch Manager of related concerns or discrepancies; ensure branch balances daily.
- Immediately report all vault discrepancies, and MC outages of $100.00 and over to Regional or Area Manager and COO.
- Responsible for all closing procedures behind the teller line at the end of the business day, including assisting the MCs with balancing problems and securing the premises.
- Complete appropriate forms in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Enforce strict adherence to all internal security controls (i.e. dual custody, double lock boxes and safe deposit boxes for WCU security use, all items in Safety and Security Manual, guidelines in Employee Handbook, etc.) to protect members and employees from embezzlement.
- Perform Quarterly Surprise, Bait, and Vacation Audits as outlined in the WCU Security Program.
- Understand compliance issues and attend training as they relate to the position, including, but not limited, to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc
- Assist Compliance and Security Officer with remedying procedural and safety matters.
- Provide information to update product lines, procedures, safety, and compliance manuals.
- Maintain a tidy, professional work area and keep the branch presentable to the membership
- Be familiar with procedures, policies, instruction manuals, security; plan, lead and participate training and drills for burglary, safety and fire.
- Monitor control of alarms, security codes, vault combinations and keys to building and cash.
- Provide accurate information on credit rating requests from financial institutions, credit bureaus, etc.
- Prepare forms and update system to order and block debit cards, maintain an understanding of how to research debit card issues on Cardholder Maintenance and Data Navigator.
- Oversee and approval of items presented for collection, both foreign and domestic, to ensure provisional credit is granted properly.
- Report building maintenance and repair issues to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience dealing with cash and general public.
- At least three years supervisory or related experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.