Member Service Associate
Minimum starting wage at $17.00+/hr
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
This team member is regularly the face of the Credit Union and has the most opportunities to deliver Exceptional Member Service! By regularly engaging and connecting with members, the Member Service Associate actively looks for opportunities to deepen member relationships while providing friendly, positive, fast and accurate service. Member Service Associates must stay current on all organizational policies, procedures, regulations, product and service changes, advise members of these changes and protect the Credit Union from risk. This position requires exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication, attention to detail, relationship development and goal setting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide Exceptional Member Service in accordance with the NPS established matrix
- Maintain an up-to-date and extensive knowledge of all credit union products, services, policies and procedures, as well as industry regulations
- Offer appropriate products/services to deepen member relationships and refer to other team members as appropriate
- Meet or exceed service level and job performance goals and expectations related to the branch and organizational goals
- Perform all monetary transactions on member’s accounts in an accurate and timely manner. Accurately follow all cash handling procedures and balance your cash drawer at the end of every day
- Assist members with digital banking needs which directly support our relationship per member goals
- Maintain confidentiality and security of member information according to regulatory and organization guidelines and policies
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements. Control risk and perform duties in a safe and sound manner.
- Issue and record monetary instruments and file monetary reports in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act
- Complete assigned training programs in timely and accurate manner. Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars if approved by the Branch Leader.
- Demonstrate and support credit union values and service standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make quality decisions in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Consistently display interpersonal skills to relate effectively and professionally to members, the public, colleagues, and all levels of management
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members, departments and colleagues; displaying respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with members as well as team members. Assess member requirements and recommend financial solutions
- Understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred customer service and cash handling experience
- Ability to work with varying levels of technology
- Possess high level of personal integrity and ethics
- Ability to participate in and support a team environment
- Support community events and business partnerships
- Proficient with standard office equipment, MS Office, computer and reporting applications, software, and credit union programs
- Ability to report for work on time and maintain a schedule of regular attendance
- Project a professional image at all times
- Some travel may be required to fulfill duties, career development and/or responsibilities
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Per the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, this is considered a position.
- Ability to stand on a frequent basis (31-71%)
- Occasional walking and standing (11-30%)
- Seldom sitting (1-10%)
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently, including negligible forces
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a seldom basis
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.