Member Relationship Officer
Wauna Credit Union
Contact: Ian Wiggins
Do you have the desire to help your community realize their dreams?
Do you love being hands on in the community?
If you answered YES! too these questions, you need to check out our Member Relationship Officer position!
This outside sales position will work in the field 70% of the time to assist members and prospects with regard to credit union loan and deposit products and services. Tasks include, but are not limited to: supervision and responsibility for duties of the Member Relations Specialist; seeking and finding potential borrowers and depositors in the field; reviewing, understanding, and providing preliminary disclosures; assisting lending staff with loan processing, closing and funding; cross selling and recommending other credit union loan and deposit products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member. Position has full responsibility for the Long Beach Branch and for ensuring the highest quality member service, with authority to freely use independent judgment and make discretionary decisions regarding the facility. This is an overtime exempt position.
- Conduct a minimum of one monthly coaching session with each direct report following Integrity Coaching process to assess performance, training needs, goal achievement.
- Uphold and use TMA (The Member Advantage) AID,Inc principles to serve our members and meet CU sales and service goals; identify, recommend and sell products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member.
- Be an ambassador for Wauna Credit Union in the community.
- Model cross sales techniques and coach employee to reach their assigned service, sales and incentive program goals.
- Supervise MRS, determine training needs, develop core competencies, assess performance, prepare annual performance evaluations, and coach to succeed in their jobs; set goals and make salary adjustment recommendations.
- Accurately perform any and all job duties on the MRS job descriptions.
- Position has authority to hire, discharge and make recommendations on the advancement of MRS positions.
- Conduct weekly “stand-up” meetings at a minimum, or more frequently as needed, to establish expectations for the branch, explain changes, and conduct training sessions.
- Prepare work schedules including PTO, offsite training, and meetings.
- Facilitate resolving differences of opinions and conflicts of personality among team members.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all services, accounts, and activities of the credit union.
- Actively solicit and promote loan and deposit leads with members and potential members outside branch offices or other fixed worksites.
- Assist, advise and interview members and potential members with loan applications or deposits for all related products and services.
- Provide financial counseling to members, with ability to evaluate the member’s financial condition and suggest alternative plans to create a better financial standing for the member
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to any and all member and potential member information and documentation, ensuring that all member information is secure at all times.
- Promote and maintain a thorough understanding of credit union products and services and aspire to reach assigned production goals.
- Participate with management and lending team when requested in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with real estate agencies, brokers, title companies and other businesses in the community.
- Properly and accurately disclose to members rates and fees for all accounts and loans, based on Rate and Fee Schedules.
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position.
- Be familiar with industry changes, products offered by competitors, and make suggestions to help create a marketing approach for WFCU to promote and provide members a sound program.
- Enforce strict adherence to all internal security controls (i.e. dual custody, double lock boxes for WCU security use, all items in Safety and Security Manual, guidelines in Employee Handbook, etc.) to protect members and employees from fraud.
- Be familiar with procedures, policies, instruction manuals, security; plan, lead and participate training and drills for burglary, safety and fire.
- Report building maintenance and repair issues to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform all other duties which may be assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least two years sales and/or public relations experience.
- At least one year lending and/or underwriting experience or similar related experience.
- At least three years supervisory or related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability and Vets.
Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.