Member Contact Center Representatives
Gesa Credit Union
Contact: Lisa Sarnowski
Phone: (509) 378-3100
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional phone service to all members and potential members by adhering to the Member Center’s Internal Service Standards.
- Identify and resolve inquiries within assigned purview in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best interest of the credit union, displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times. Perform all duties in a safe and sound manner.
- Indentify opportunities for process and task improvement, recommend solutions to Supervisor.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Assist members and potential members with all incoming requests and needs.
- Refer problems that are beyond authority and/or scope to supervisor, along with recommendation when applicable.
- Identify opportunities to introduce additional credit union products, promotions and services to members and potential members.
- Look for cross-sell opportunities and educate callers about products and promotions.
- Work with branches to support and encourage product growth.
- Maintain cohesive relationship with other departments to resolve member concerns as initiated in the credit union Member Center.
- Accurately process member transactions within prescribed timeframe.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond simultaneously to multiple tasks and requests.
- Ability to promote and participate in a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems, and locate and correct errors.
- Ability to analyze information and recommend achievable process improvements.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service with a friendly demeanor.
- Minimum of a high school diploma; some college course work preferred. Degree highly desirable.
- Three to five years of previous work experience required; financial institution and/or call center experience desired.
- Possess NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Identification (MLO) Number or meets requirements to obtain NMLS MLO Identification Number upon hire.
- Some lending experience preferred.
- Some travel may be required to complete training or fulfill duties.
- Display and maintain courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with current and potential members, peers, and staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and standard office equipment. Proficiency with call center programs desired.
- Familiarity and comfort with online systems and other technology.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply to go to: www.gesa.com/careers
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a credit/background check, pre-employment drug screen and skills assessment.
Gesa reserves the right not to hire any relatives of or those in a close personal relationship with any Gesa employee, Board member or Supervisory Committee member.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Gesa Credit Union will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (509) 378-3100.
EOE/AA – Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran