Member Consultant I – Ballard
Verity Credit Union
Ballard, Seattle, WA
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member and understand their goals. Identifying ways to cross sell Verity’s products and services.
- Capture relevant information and input it into our CRM system.
- Value our members’ time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Resolve member issues; emotionally and operationally, while adhering to Verity’s policies and procedures.
- Originate, process, and fund consumer loans including credit cards, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Originate deposit accounts including checking, savings, money market, and certificates of deposit.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve sales, service and community goals.
- Provide flexible and reliable coverage to assigned branches.
- Must be able to work approximately two Saturdays a month on average
- Must be available to work occasional Sundays or after hours to work at seasonal community events.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, higher education is a plus.
- Customer service and/or retail experience is strongly preferred.
- Cash handling experience is preferred.
- Experience in a financial institution is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse membership and staff
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to visually recognize and verify funds for endorsements and negotiability