Wauna Credit Union
Contact: Anna Bennett
This position is directly responsible for the needs of our members in the lobby. The primary responsibility is to use The Member Advantage sales and service principles while greeting and serving members, providing “hip-to-hip” service in a consultative manner. Position will assist members with: transactions; deposit and loan accounts and services; questions, complaints and member related concerns; procedural and policy concerns; resolution of account problems. Position will cross sell to meet goals by using AID,INC to identify needs, describe, recommend and sell products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member and contribute to attainment of CU goals. This is a non-exempt position.
- Use AID,Inc principles to serve our members and meet CU sales and service goals
- Maintain a basic understanding of credit union products and services and cross sell to meet member needs and reach assigned sales goals.
- Efficiently handle cash and check transactions, including large amounts of cash; balance to the core processing system daily; follow proper procedures for dual control, processing coin machine, and securing coin and cash; have a thorough understanding of common check scams and detection of counterfeit notes; complete wire and CMO transfer forms; and have a thorough understanding of Regulation CC, placing holds and stop payments as necessary.
- Assist members using Teller Machines with their account transactions.
- Field and resolve basic complaints in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Perform account changes as necessary using correct forms, procedures, and software.
- Perform transactions on member accounts; disburse loans funds; and assist members with electronic services.
- Ability to handle walk-in, drive-through, mail, and telephone transactions with prompt, courteous efficiency.
- Process card blocks, reorders, and new card request.
- Assist in preparation of Direct Deposit forms and route forms through proper channels.
- Post night drop and ATM Deposit transactions in a timely manner, following the proper dual security procedures.
- Perform Shared Branch transactions following proper procedures.
- Disclose to members rates and fees for all accounts, based on Rate and Fee Schedules.
- Prepare, process, and answer questions regarding recurring ACH, draft/check orders, stop payments, money orders, corporate checks, loan coupons, etc.
- Order copies of member checks and locate member information online or on CD and produce a duplicate for the members.
- Perform the duties of vault teller and have thorough understanding of Vault Standards.
- Collect, post, and assist in balancing county property taxes.
- Scan and electronically transmit checks to Federal Reserve; order copies as needed.
- Print, monitor and follow up on various reports as assigned.
- Balance and replenish Teller Machines and ATMs.
- Sell, record and process transactions for cash advance, gift cards, travel cards, money orders, and corporate checks.
- Prepare forms and initiate items presented to send on collection.
- Follow proper procedures for entrance into Safe Deposit boxes (if applicable to branch)
- Under guidance of senior MCs and MSM, assist members with IRA questions and transactions.
- Process garnishment and levy fees and forward to Operations Admin for processing.
- Understands compliance issues and attend and complete training as it relates to position.
- Have a thorough understanding of Red Flags and Identity Theft procedures.
- Maintain privacy of member information.
- Meet assigned education and development goals.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- At least one year experience dealing with cash and/or general public contacts.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.