Member Advisor or Senior Member Advisor (Personal Banker)
Advantis Credit Union
As Member Advisor or Senior Member Advisor, you will be a trusted advisor to our members. Using consultative selling skills to identify and meet member needs, this in-branch, high contact sales position directly impacts the satisfaction of our members and represents the Advantis brand to our local community. A thorough knowledge of retail products and services, a professional demeanor, and an unwavering commitment to integrity are all essential to this role!
- Providing members with sound financial advice while educating them on the features and benefits of Credit Union products and services.
- Providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service to members while processing their transactions.
- Responding to member requests, problems, and complaints in a solution-driven manner.
- Remaining current on Credit Union products, policies, and procedures as well as State and Federal regulations and guidelines.
As a Senior Member Advisor you will also be responsible for the following:
- Opening and processing all types of deposit and loan accounts including complex retail products such as consumer loans, debt protection/credit life insurance, and VISA merchant accounts.
- Acquiring and establishing relationships with consumer and small business members while expanding relationships with existing members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years financial institution experience required; new account sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, processes, and procedures in a timely manner.
To be considered as a Senior Member Advisor you will also need to meet the following requirements:
- 1+ year lending experience.
- Experience with home equity loans and lines of credit preferred.
- Requires NMLS registration upon initial employment.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you.
Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 86 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For consideration, please apply online at www.advantiscu.org