Central Willamette Credit Union
Contact: Kim Hallock
Phone: (541) 918-7460
Fax: (541) 704-2660
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with CW leaders in planning, executing and evaluating marketing, community development and financial literacy programs ensuring that activities meet deadlines and fall within budget
• Serve as lead for email marketing campaign development and tracking
• Operate and support supplementary data analytical systems, such as Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF), Net Promoter Score surveys (NPS), etc
• Coordinate financial literacy schedules, community volunteerism opportunities and special events, maintaining and publishing a detailed monthly calendar
• Assist in the planning of CW special events onsite and within the community and act as a CW representative at such events
• Serve as the initial point of contact for internal and external marketing requests and questions, including CW Marketing Work Orders
• With an external agency, assist in managing CW’s social media presence including strategizing, content creation, posting, tracking and evaluating success
• Maintain a working knowledge of CW target market and demographic data
• Assist in crafting marketing messaging and coordinate distribution across channels (statements, mail, email, print, website, digital, outdoor, radio, television, in-branch merchandising)
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of marketing information for member statements and manage statement inserts as-needed
• Monitor inventory of marketing collateral and coordinate distribution to branches and special events as-needed
• Visit all branch locations monthly to ensure marketing materials are up-to-date and make improvement recommendations to Leadership
• Organize and manage the marketing file structure on the CW network
• Update rate information on the website and other internal documentation as-needed
• Cooperate and work with co workers as a team member.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Attend training and comply with CWCCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, PR or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to represent CW and the department positively and professionally both internally and externally
• Fully PC proficient including MS Office; Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
• Outstanding time management, organizational and analytical skills; must be able to pay attention to detail and meet deadlines while balancing multiple projects and tasks
• Flexibility to move nimbly between tasks and between physical locations (office, branches, community/financial literacy events)
• Must have a valid drivers’ license, reliable transportation and willingness to travel within CW’s service area
• Previous financial industry experience preferred
CENTRAL WILLAMETTE CREDIT UNION CORPORATE CULTURE STATEMENT
Respect. Integrity. Ethics. Compassion. Humor.
At our Credit Union these five core values aren’t just words on a wall, they are our daily way of life. Our purpose is to build local loyalty, connect to community and make life easier for those we serve. To accomplish this, we hire team members who demonstrate a strong desire to serve others, who embrace change, who are eager to learn and who enjoy a good laugh.
At Central Willamette Credit Union we are laser-focused on building a stronger financial future for each of our members and we’re particularly passionate about making the communities of the Willamette Valley even better places to live, work and play. We do this by training our sales and service team members to become Financial Advocates who work tirelessly to improve our members’ financial lives. And we don’t stop there. We are fanatical supporters of the non-profit organizations that create the fabric of the communities we call home. You’ll regularly see us sponsoring and volunteering for events with the Boys and Girls Clubs, SafeHaven Humane Society, The United Way, The Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV), and the Albany Public Schools Foundation just to name a few. Our team members are encouraged to give of their time and talents as servant leaders, furthering our quest to make the world a more just and caring place.
Apply on-line at: https://www.centralwcu.org/employment-opportunities