Rogue Credit Union
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Assistant Vice President of Marketing
Classification: Exempt Grade: 12
Supervises Direct: 5 Supervises Indirect: 0
Creates a passion for the credit union’s agreed upon Vision, Mission, and Values and leads assigned team to disciplined execution of marketing plans to achieve the credit union’s strategic priorities and objectives. Works with the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Marketing to execute the marketing strategy to maintain market relevance. Responsible for translating marketing objectives, goals and priorities into action that drives results.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% Hires, trains, coaches and motivates a highly qualified staff to meet the daily operational needs of assigned areas. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports. Leads the Marketing Operations team to execute credit union and marketing goals in addition to assigned projects and areas of responsibility.
30% Collaborates with the Senior Vice President of Marketing and AVP of Marketing to manage and lead various Marketing Department projects. Drives projects forward, ensuring that deadlines are met. Includes establishing promotional/project strategies, goals, timelines, and communication plans. Partners with the Marketing creative team to execute promotion/projects strategy essential to promotion/project success by coordinating multiple teams and assignments as needed to meet promotion/project goals and expectations.
30% Represents the Marketing Team on credit union inter-departmental project teams. This includes working with cross-functional teams and internal members to identify needed Marketing team resources. This also includes planning and monitoring projects in process, facilitating proactive communication and moving projects from concept to completion.
5% Stays current on applicable regulations, credit union policies and/or guidelines, operational controls, safety measures, service, and security procedures to ensure compliance throughout assigned areas of the credit union. Encourages active understanding of regulations and credit union policy/guidelines among staff. In conjunction with Facilities and Security, maintains the appearance, maintenance, and security of the branches and departments assigned.
5% Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner.
2. Is a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who can drive complex projects with minimal guidance and oversight.
3. Possesses extreme organizational skills and is capable of tracking, managing and meeting deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Assures compliance in any communication from the Marketing Department.
5. Ensures all activities within the department are carried out within the expected time frames and completed accurately.
6. Provides leadership to subordinate staff through positive, honest, and direct coaching and mentoring. Provides leadership that directs staff to meet or exceed the minimum established departmental goals in order to assist in meeting the credit union’s goals.
7. Maintains highly qualified, competent and motivated personnel for department.
8. Demonstrates adherence to, and support of organizational values through words, actions, and intent.
9. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
10. Ensures credit union activities are completed with high ethical, fiscal, and regulatory standards.
11. Regularly pursues personal development in order to ensure that skills and capabilities grow with the requirements of the position and credit union.
12. Adheres to and maintains all credit union promotional, regulatory and policy compliance requirements including compliance with any Federal and State laws.
13. Meets or exceeds assigned goals in order to achieve individual, department and credit union goals. Stays informed of current trends within the credit union movement and financial services industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience, preferably in a marketing capacity or within a financial institution. Strong working knowledge of marketing and brand development.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field) or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing, or training others. Outside Contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Excellent PC skills to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills. Ability to promote/suggest
Credit Union products/services. Ability to grasp and promote the Credit Union’s culture. Strong eye for detail/quality. Good judgment and decision making ability with the ability to self direct in managing day to day tasks within specified timelines. Hard worker with initiative and resourcefulness. Maintains a clean driving record and holds a current Driver’s License.
Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discernments in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the credit union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. Travel to all credit union regions may be required.