Loss Prevention Specialist III
Advantis Credit Union
The Loss Prevention Specialist III is responsible for loss prevention activities in the area of garnishments, insurance claims, bankruptcies, credit disputes, foreclosures, and recovery, as assigned. The Specialist ensures that collection on all delinquent loans are done in a legal and timely manner, and that all possible means to collect on delinquent loans is exhausted before loan is charged off or referred for accelerated collection actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years’ experience in collections preferably with a financial institution.
- Experience with customer service/relations required.
- Thorough knowledge of collection procedures.
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements as they pertain to the collection and lending areas.
- Basic understanding of loan underwriting guidelines, procedures, documentation and recordkeeping requirements.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer applications/systems and work with multiple data systems simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Meets annual product knowledge certification, regulation training and other training requirements.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you.
Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 86 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For consideration, please apply online at www.advantiscu.org