OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard, contribute to an outstanding member experience, support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development. We offer a competitive wage, benefit and retirement package along with opportunities to develop your career in our growing credit union. Individuals who thrive on problem-solving, making a difference and working for a company that provides more than just a job and are motivated by what OCCU has to offer, are invited to apply today!
OCCU is looking for an experienced Loan Representative to join our high performing team. This position is often the first contact for members requesting loans, new memberships and deposit accounts through remote channels such as internet, email, fax and phone. The impression they create must be one that delivers a message of professionalism and knowledge of our lending and deposit products and practices. This requires the ability to repeatedly project a warm, confident, caring persona showing understanding, compassion and sincerity in both an inbound and outbound call center environment. This position specializes in digital consumer lending and deposit products offered by OCCU.
This environment lends itself to new technology which should be embraced as we continue to optimize the remote member experience. This position is key in building relations with the member by determining needs and appropriately matching services that fit the members’ current financial condition as well as proactively looking for ways to maintain or improve their future financial condition. The position is responsible for building trust and relationships that will evolve into long-term financial partnerships.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Base Salary Range: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
To find out more about Oregon Community Credit Union career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/ed924da6-1fdd-d2ae-1338-4e4def720f5f/apply?source=1607863-CS-22573
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with members and potential members. Establish and develop member relationships in a multi-channel fast paced environment through both inbound and outbound communications, keeping the members’ best interest in mind.
- Actively contribute to the Credit Union’s retail goals by participating in sales and service campaigns. Meet or exceed established Credit Union and individual objectives, using effective sales and service techniques that result in a positive experience for the member. May be required to support additional remote channels such as video.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with non-CUDL dealers and follow up on all loan decisions within one business day. Bring all dealer issues or concerns to your managers’ attention in a timely manner. Visit dealers on occasion as needed.
- Process and fund consumer loans and open deposit accounts. This position is the subject matter expert in consumer lending and deposit acquisition. Interview applicants, conduct credit investigations on loans, review credit bureau reports, prepare all loan and title documentation, seek out deposit opportunities and input information into the computer with minimal errors. Be well versed in DocuSign to send documents and obtain member signatures where appropriate. Work with branches for funding and signing instructions when needed. Follow up with members as appropriate. Notify members and potential members of loan decision including approvals, counter offers and denied requests. Be resourceful and have knowledge of who to call, what to ask, how to get it and where to find it. Utilize expertise and resources daily.
- Identify sales and service opportunities and offer products and services to members while providing accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members, dealers and new applicants. Make outbound warm and cold calls to members, which may be informative or sales in nature.
- Have a full understanding of phone operating system and remote delivery channels. Effectively apply technical knowledge to solve problems and accomplish tasks. Stay up to date with products, procedures, regulations and other pertinent changes. Attend and complete training to enhance job expertise. Perform within service standards.
- Assist members and potential members with opening and closing accounts, answer questions about products and services and resolve problems that are within their authority to resolve.
- Act as a liaison between members and various organizations and departments and respond to all correspondence within one business day.
- Must follow all Deposit and Lending regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to detail. Organize workload to ensure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional service to our members and other Credit Union departments. This includes providing prompt responses, creative problem solving and being flexible while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Consistently strive toward goals with high standards for the quality of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and ability to function independently in a multi-tasking environment and as part of a team.
- Create, compose and edit written and electronic materials.
- Stay abreast of changes including but not limited to rates, procedures and products.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer