Ibew & UW FCU
Contact: Christine Buckley
Phone: (503) 262-5317
Look at these benefits!
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage for you and your dependents with low premiums!
401K, 100% Vested once enrolled!
Paid vacation and sick leave!
10 paid holidays!
No weekend hours!
This position functions as a liaison between the members and the Credit Union. Interviews existing and potential members in person or by telephone, and explains services, products. Identifies members needs and actively cross sells Credit Union services and products in a courteous and professional manner.
- Opens new accounts and cross sells additional services. Prepares all paperwork and data input accurately and assists the member with the signing of documents necessary to open new accounts.
- Reviews credit reports identifying opportunities to cross sell Credit Union products and services.
- Processes and approves/denies all loan requests within established guidelines and assigned limits using sound judgment.
- General knowledge of laws and regulations that apply to all pertinent functions including lending.
- Explains and completes all documents for various services such as direct deposit, ACH origination, and debit cards.
- Demonstrates and trains members on the use of on-line banking and bill payment.
- Educates members on appropriate way to handle credit.
- Willingness to expand his/her knowledge of organizational and departmental needs and requirements. Participate in he development and realization of organizational goals and objectives in accordance with established deadlines.
- Initiative to seek out training and educational programs as assigned by management.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks accurately.
- Must maintain confidentially.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Requirements :
- The ability to remain calm in all situations.
- Ability to set work priorities and make effective decisions.
- Effectively defuse member complaints and offer resolutions consistent with Credit Union philosophy.
- Excellent communication skills.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Education: High school graduation required, 2 years college or more preferred.
Experience: At least 3 years of progressively increasing experience in the lending and member service area of a financial institution, preferably a Credit Union.
Skills: The ability to make sound decisions following established guidelines.
Skilled in the use of computers, and various software programs.
Bilingual a plus!