Tacoma Longshoremen Credit Union
Contact: Mark Merriman
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (253) 272-2161
Employment Type: Regular Employment Status: Full-time
Average weekly hours: 40 FLSA Type: Exempt
Required Schedule Availability: Mon-Fri 8:55am – 5:35pm # of openings: 1
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Assistant Manager, the Loan Officer collects, evaluates and processes loan applications to be presented to the Credit Committee for approval or denial. Participates in loan policy decisions and product development. Assists with management of the office in the absence of the CEO and Assistant Manager by directing the day-to-day operations; helping to ensure the attainment of excellent member service; developing member banking relationships; and keeping the branch well maintained and in working order.
1. Assist with management of loan department functions, audit preparations, and quality and internal control-related tasks.
2. Assist with the development and maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies and procedures.
3. May provide research and annual budgetary recommendations on department-related activities and expenditures.
4. Maintain a professional, courteous, and helpful demeanor with team members, management, and members.
5. Exhibit a spirit of team work within the credit union team.
6. Handle member and team member interactions in person in an efficient, friendly and accurate manner.
7. Adhere to federal and state regulations, Credit Union policies, and other compliance obligations.
8. Consistently achieve stated goals.
9. Actively participate in security, disaster recovery, fire training, and other meetings and training as requested.
10. Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain Corporate Values and Mission.
11. Represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
12. Research, resolve and/or communicate issues and potential problems to management.
13. Adapt to and endorse change to support Credit Union goals and direction.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Knowledge of local, state, and federal loan regulations.
16. Strict adherence to company financial policies and processes.
17. Experienced at compiling and following policies and processes.
18. Able to analyze financial records and transfer data.
Interaction and Environment:
*Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
*Supervises: Member Service Representatives in absence of CEO and Assistant Manager.
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with background noise. Position may involve extended work hours, including weekends and travel to multiple locations.
*Material and Equipment Used:
Computer, Fax Machine, Calculator, Scanner/Copier, Phone, General Office Supplies
*Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Mobility: Approximately 70% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 30%) is spent moving around work areas and outside venues.
Communication: Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate with others in person, over the phone, and through electronic means.
Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials and other appropriate paperwork.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to handle a variety of equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files/stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
5. Possess sound computer skills and the ability to learn and use a variety of computer systems and technology.
6. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
8. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
9. Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
10. Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
11. Willingness and ability to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
12. Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions and concentrate in environment with background noise.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or Finance is preferred. Equivalent work experience in finance or business management may substitute for the degree.
2. Two or more years of lending experience within a financial organization preferred.
3. Must Possess NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Identification (MLO) Number or meets requirements to obtain NMLS MLO Identification number.
4. Must possess a valid Drivers’ License
5. Must be bondable.
SALARY (DOE). COMPLETE BENEFITS PACKAGE OFFERED FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM DISABILITY, PAID VACATIONS, SICK TIME & HOLIDAYS!
Must pass a credit/background check.
Tacoma Longshoremen Credit Union (TLCU) reserves the right to not hire any relatives or those in a close personal relationship with any TLCU employee, Board member or Supervisory Committee member.
Tacoma Longshoremen Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.