Central Willamette Credit Union
Contact: Kim Hallock
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (541) 918-7460
Fax: (541) 704-2660
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for hands-on daily loan underwriting and lending decision activity.
• Determine the credit worthiness and repayment ability of borrowers obtaining loans.
• Make loan determinations based on credit union policy and procedure and in accordance with all applicable State, Federal, and other lending regulations.
• Provide sound and documented rationalization for approving or denying loan applications.
• Assign appropriate rates, terms, and conditions to approved loans.
• Act on requests for substitution of collateral, release of collateral, loan modifications and release of co-borrower/guarantor.
• Review member loan documentation for accuracy and to ensure that it has been completed according to procedure and quality control standards.
• Maintain knowledge and data base concerning competition, market conditions and dealer/member feedback and relate information to Consumer Loan Manager.
• Maintain positive relationships with Merchants and Dealerships that are in the Credit Union Indirect Loan Program.
• As necessary perform and fulfill the responsibilities of the Loan Clerk when assigned.
• Promote safety awareness among employees.
• Cooperate and work with front line staff and co workers as a team member.
• Promote, cross sell, and counsel members on Credit Union products and services in a professional and consistent manner.
• Review all requests to look for additional opportunities for members
• Scan/Save documentation into Document Capture and Laserfiche
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Attend training and comply with CWCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize time effectively so as to fulfill the purpose of the position.
• High level of computer literacy with full understanding of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Knowledge of State, Federal, and other lending regulations required.
• High school graduate or GED required.
• Minimum of one year consumer lending experience required.
Respect. Integrity. Ethics. Compassion. Humor.
At our Credit Union these five core values aren’t just words on a wall, they are our daily way of life. Our purpose is to build local loyalty, connect to community and make life easier for those we serve. To accomplish this, we hire team members who demonstrate a strong desire to serve others, who embrace change, who are eager to learn and who enjoy a good laugh.