SELCO Community Credit Union
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Work location: this position is only eligible for in office work arrangements at the Corporate Headquarters location in Springfield.
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Benefit eligible: Yes (full benefits)
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Required schedule/availability: M-F (8:00am-6:30pm) and some Saturdays (10:00am-3:30pm)
Starting pay range: $20.21 – $22.56 per hour. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Loan Officer to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters Location in Springfield, Oregon. This position is responsible for providing information about SELCO’s loan products and services, interviewing members, and evaluating and processing consumer loan requests according to Credit Union guidelines. The successful candidate brings at least (6) six months of financial institution experience and be able to maintain Active Federal Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System. Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
Job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Interview loan applicants over the phone and/or electronically (i.e. email, text, etc.)
- Explain the loan process, options, requirements, policies and guidelines to members and answer questions throughout the loan process
- Gather information necessary to analyze loan requests and make loan decisions such as loan applicant information, credit report, collateral value, income verification, loan payoffs, and insurance information, etc.
- Deepen member relationships by determining member needs and promoting and cross-selling SELCO products and services
- Actively engage and communicate with internal, external, and potential members in a friendly, professional manner in person, over the phone, and via e-mail
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Strong communication and presentation skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the Credit Union.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Ability to recognize member financial needs and to effectively cross-sell products and services
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least six (6) months of financial institution experience; and
- Must maintain Active Federal Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System; and
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required; and
- Must be bondable.