Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time hourly Loan Officer/Underwriter to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. This position is responsible for the origination of Indirect loans and refinances through the multiple channels for current and new members. This role is hybrid eligible.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Director, Indirect Lending
Employment Type: full- time, hourly. Hybrid Eligible.
Working hours: Monday-Saturday 8-5 PM
Job Functions: Lending, Loan, Indirect Lending.
Typical Job Duties
- Ensure that all loans are within current credit policy by reviewing loan applications to determine creditworthiness
- Work with customer finance managers negotiating loans while using discretion in decision-making and sound judgment in problem solving
- Meet or exceed credit union objectives in terms of volume, credit quality, and loan exceptions
- Calculate and communicate with customers loan denials, counteroffers, cash flow analysis and credit underwriting as it pertains to each loan application evaluation
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality within the credit union relative to any information received directly or indirectly
This role may be right for you if you enjoy research and investigations-based work. You pride yourself on your ability to hone in on small details and catch data discrepancies. Your previous employers praise your ability to ability to work well in a fast-paced deadline-sensitive environment, and your previous co-workers talk about the ease with which you handle what otherwise might be difficult conversations with customers and stakeholders. Your friends consider you easy to talk to and your family is proud of your ability to thrive and grow amidst adversity.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of lending experience with knowledge of applicable rules and regulations involved in the lending function required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******