Lending Services Manager II
Rogue Credit Union
Lending Services Manager II
Department: Lending Services
Reports To: Assistant Vice President of Lending Services
Grade: 13 Classification: Exempt
Supervises Direct: 3 Supervises Indirect: 13
Creates a passion for the credit union’s agreed upon Vision, Mission, and Values. Guides the Lending Services team to disciplined execution of organizational objectives. Inspires loyalty and directs exceptional member experiences. Accountable for the direct management and day to day supervision of the Lending Services Department, which provides lending support services that flex with the lending needs of the credit union member staff and departments. Strives to continuously improve the quality and delivery of support in accordance with the credit union’s strategic goals and scorecard metrics. Cultivates and maintains a coaching culture to consistently strive toward the highest level of employee achievement and performance while maintaining adherence to the policies and procedures of the credit union.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
40% Directs the management of the Lending Services Department to include the following: Branch Support, Consumer Loan Servicing, Third Party Funding, Title Processing and Tracking, Loan Quality Control, Manufactured Home Loan Funding and Processing. Provides oversight and direction for the efficiency and effectiveness of the consumer lending functions of the credit union. Directs staff on innovative ways to increase member loyalty, maximize technology, and improve operating efficiencies to offer member-focused solutions. Stays in constant communication with the Assistant Vice President of Lending Services to ensure progress towards the credit union goals and objectives and maintains ongoing progress reporting. Collaborates with peers to ensure department alignment and execution of the credit unions strategic goals.
30% Ensures a high level of commitment to an environment of continual improvement in operating efficiency enhancements while improving the overall quality of the response to the delivery team. Maintains high ratings on delivery team satisfaction performance surveys. Works with the underwriting team to form a cohesive lending support operating unit for the future and ensures adequate support is provided to the Dealer Center operations.
10% Hires, trains, coaches and manages a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the needs of the areas assigned. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports. Creates and maintains a coaching culture to consistently strive toward the highest level of achievement and performance for every employee.
10% Stays current on applicable regulations, credit union policies, operational controls, safety measures, service, and security procedures to ensure compliance throughout assigned areas of the credit union. Communicates frequently with Assistant Vice President of Lending Services about trends in the loan portfolio and servicing issues. Improve data intelligence and analysis for loan portfolio risk management. Monitors DMV dealer watch list (fraud prevention) and alerts the Assistant Vice President of Lending Services/Senior Underwriter with course of action.
5% Enhances the reporting and monitoring systems for the department, creates and monitors a dashboard of staff progress on monthly/yearly projects and department goals, to keep the Assistant Vice President of Lending Services informed about overall performance and progress of individual and department goals. This position will handle a number of special projects assigned by and working in coordination with the Assistant Vice President of Lending Services which originate from the strategic vision and mission of the credit union through the leadership team.
5% Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner.
2. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
3. Achieves the credit union’s department’s goals and scorecard metrics.
4. Keeps the Assistant Vice President of Lending Services apprised of any key competitive, operating, and strategic issues affecting the Lending Services Team. Responds to requests and directives as assigned.
5. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports within the prescribed time frame. Creates and maintains a coaching culture to consistently strive toward the highest level of employee achievement and performance in building Member Loyalty.
6. Accomplishes all assigned projects according to policy and procedures, keeping Assistant Vice President of Lending Services informed of any critical areas or issues.
7. Maintains and demonstrates a thorough understanding of credit union products, services, policies, and procedures. Stays current regarding governmental regulations affecting lending, policies, procedures, practices, systems and the credit union.
8. Continues to grow in personal development and experience within other related areas of the consumer lending function to allow future personal growth. Prepares and reviews a personal development and training plan with Assistant Vice President of Lending Services annually.
9. Adheres to and maintains all credit union promotional, regulatory and policy compliance requirements including compliance with any Federal and State laws.
10. Meets or exceeds assigned goals in order to achieve individual, department and credit union goals. Stays informed of current trends within the credit union movement and financial services industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Eight to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Self-starter with a high level of strategic thinking and decision making skills. Strong leadership and networking skills with the ability to build rapport and foster an environment of team collaboration and growth. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop, present, facilitate, and convey information easily to team members, stakeholders and senior managers. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Strong analytic and problem resolution skills. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with employees, members, and vendors of all types while balancing the best interests of Rogue and outside relationships
Physical Requirements: Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discernments in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the credit union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery.