Lending Quality/Compliance Analyst
Rivermark Credit Union
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete monthly QC/compliance testing of consumer lending products and processes.
- Complete monthly QC/compliance testing of home equity, home equity line of credit, and mortgage lending products and processes, including HMDA QC/compliance testing.
- Complete monthly QC/compliance testing of commercial lending products and processes.
- Complete monthly QC/compliance testing of Financial Solutions workout loans, modifications, and processes.
- Respond to questions resulting from reviewed transactions.
- Provide compliance support to address QC/compliance testing remediation.
- Prepare testing reports and trend analysis reports.
- Deliver training and coaching plans in individual or group sessions.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding policies related to lending functions including fair lending, disclosure requirements, etc.
- Review various file maintenance reports related to loan accounts, exceptions, rate changes, etc. to provide independent oversight of file maintenance activities.
- Review department policies and procedures on a periodic basis with department managers to ensure alignment with quality and compliance standards.
- Review lending documents/forms on a periodic basis to ensure that all systems are using consistent forms, forms are accurate and up to date, and provide feedback on required updates to forms administrators.
- Provide review of year-end tax reporting related to mortgage and home equity loans.
- Participate in development and on-going enhancement of the QC/Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the duties and responsibilities listed. 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial industry experience, quality control, loan documentation review, risk and/or compliance experience. Consumer and Mortgage Lending experience preferred.
Requirements Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of consumer and commercial lending, mortgage lending, and collections.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in applying federal regulations and state statutes related to lending, collections, payments, and overall financial services compliance.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department.
- Ability to multi-task and answer questions from management regarding findings, remediation, and other QC related inquiries.
- Strong process facilitation and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate confrontational interactions tactfully and professionally.
- Ability to problem solve, provide solutions to complex errors and approach others errors without frustration.
- Ability to answer tough questions rising from business partners challenging QC/testing findings.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding team and individual QC/testing results .
Occasional local travel
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Frequent contact with employees and management.