Leave & HR Generalist
OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Provides exceptional, responsive service to employees through all stages of the leave of absence process.
- Meet and effectively communicate with employees to provide assistance and information regarding the leave process
- Maintains close contact with employees and keeps managers informed about the expected return to work dates and extensions.
- Administers leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, OFLA, WAPFL, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc).
- Assesses, tracks, and monitors all Leave claims in The Standard; prepares and sends appropriate correspondence for additional information needed and/or notices of required return to work, ADA reasonable accommodation etc.
- Ensures that employee privacy is closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Provide HR administrative support to your client group, by being a point-of-contact regarding policies and procedures, leaves of absences, and any other HR-related questions
- Use knowledge of various human resources functions, including staffing, compensation, benefits, and training and employee relations to provide tactical and transactional HR support to department managers.
- Manage and support various HR systems and programs including HRIS, performance management tools and employee feedback tools.
- Provides backup to one or more core HR functional areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of leave administration procedures, best practices and trends.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in performing job duties.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Excellent organizational, operational and process/project management skills.
- Ability to make confident, practical, realistic, and timely decisions after considering facts, available organizational resources, and potential risks; use reason when dealing with sensitive topics.
- Self-directed and able to perform within appropriate authority under limited direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 1-3 years experience working in Human Resources required.
- 1-3 years experience in Leave Administration, benefits, or related Human Resources role preferred.
- 1-3 years experience administering leave programs in a multistate environment preferred. (experience with Oregon and/or Washington a plus)
- 1-3 years experience working with HR data or in an analytics role preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related discipline preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
To authentically live up to our purpose of building strong communities, OnPoint is committed to prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion in our conversations, relationships, actions, and services. Our DEI strategy will be guided by continuous education, data-driven performance metrics, shared accountability and an emphasis on cultivating meaningful and respectful connections.