Lead Member Service Representative
NW Priority Credit Union
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
- Employees receive 1% discount on certain loans after one year of employment.
Job Experience: Minimum two years teller/new accounts experience preferred. Knowledge of advanced cross servicing techniques in order to cross service to members competently. Must be able to impart these techniques to staff in order to foster an enthusiastic sales culture among staff. Requires thorough knowledge of credit union products to cross service effectively to members and to periodically train staff on specific products.
Software Skills: Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Physical Demands: Required to sit for extended periods and occasional walking to provide member services. Required to lift up to 50 lbs. (coin bags).
Work Conditions: Regular work day with occasional overtime. Noise level moderate to high in immediate area and normal range of hearing necessary to communicate by telephone and in person with staff and members. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions (robbery).
Other Skills: Strong organizational and analytical skills required to resolve member/staff questions or problems. Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling cash, balancing a cash drawer and entering member transactions into the computer. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union professionally and positively to members and to interact daily with staff and management. Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with membership and staff. Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
* Recognizes members needs to proactively open, maintain and update all Personal, Business, Trust, Deceased and other special accounts, and refer members to other loan and investment services. Closes these services upon request.
* Provide information on marketing promotions in order to effectively offer all Credit Union products and services, utilizing the Credit Unions refer program.
* Makes sure the tasks assigned to the teller area are completed accurately and on time.
* Provides staff training in the teller area and teller training for new hires.
* Provides support to teller area staff, answering questions on policies and procedures. Promotes a positive team environment.
* Maintains vault cash. Orders cash as needed to maintain vault at predetermined amount. Disburses and receives cash from branch tellers. Receives and verifies cash shipment from Federal Reserve Bank.
* Balance, replenish cash and complete documentation for ATM.
* Performs all types of monetary/non-monetary transactions within established limits to prevent fraud and losses. Maintains and balances assigned cash drawer daily and follows security procedures and assigned cash limits.
* Responsible for complying with all laws, statutes, rules and regulations which govern the credit union, including but not limited to all components of the Bank Secrecy Act provisions of the US Patriot Act.
* Participate in required meetings and training.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Management.