Item Processing Specialist
NW Priority Credit Union
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
1. Processes and submits items for the following deposit channels, In-Branch, Mobile and ATMs.
2. Processes return deposit items on member’s accounts including sending notices & debiting accounts.
3. Monitors NSF activity on members accounts, sends warning letters, restricts debit/ATM cards as needed. Closes membership accounts as needed.
4. Balances teller checks weekly.
5. Assists members with the balancing of their accounts. Assists members and staff with electronic service/online banking questions or problems.
6. Maintains FiServ and Reliance systems with correct address, name and card status including reissues.
7. Assists with payroll change changes or stop payment forms, verifying completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
8. Provides backup to department as needed.
9. Process and verify wire transfers through Fedline. Makes appropriate entries to members accounts and general ledger.
10. Answers routine member inquiries regarding balance, status and account history. Processes telephone transfers for members.
11. Takes lost or stolen card information and completes and processes necessary forms and reports.
12. Provides assistance to main office and branch staff with inquiries on accounts and takes lost or stolen card information.
13. Assist with card reissues and compromised cards as needed.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
15. Verifies check orders for accuracy.
1. Verifies all VISA, Debit/ATM card orders for accuracy.
2. Verifies closure request to make sure all cards are blocked.
3. Process member check copy requests.
4. Verifies all payroll and ACH start, change, stop payment forms for completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
One year teller and/or back office required
A minimum of two years electronic services/back office experience required.
Strong organizational and analytical skills required to resolve member and staff questions or problems.
Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality in dealing with the membership and staff.
Strong interpersonal skills necessary for dealing with members, staff, management and providers effectively.
Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling computer operations and entering data into the computer.
Must be able to analyze situations, weigh alternatives and make independent decisions.
Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficient on 10 key adding machine and computer keyboard.
Working Conditions (Physical, mental and environmental demands)
Required to sit for extended periods for data entry.
Regular work day with occasional overtime.
Finger manipulations required for data entry into computer, typing correspondence and operating 10 key adding machine.
Noise level moderate to high in office environment.
Normal range of hearing necessary to communicate by telephone and in person with members and staff.
Concentration required to process transactions accurately in an occasionally fast paced environment.