Item Processing Specialist
NW Priority CU
Contact: Rose Martin del Campo
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 760-5304
Founded in 1928 we have aimed to exceed the expectations of the members we serve and the people we work with. NW Priority Credit Union boasts a very talented group of individuals and we strive to maintain a friendly environment where everyone wants to work. At NWPCU, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of the family.
NW Priority Credit Union currently has a full-time Item Processing Specialist position available. This position administers and coordinates item processing to ensure member needs are met and credit union liability is minimized in a friendly, prompt, efficient and accurate manner.
Working hours: Monday – Friday | 8:30am – 5:30pm
Location: 12630 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97236
- Processes and submits items for the following deposit channels, In-Branch, Mobile and ATMs.
- Processes return deposit items on member’s accounts including sending notices & debiting accounts.
- Monitors NSF activity on members accounts, sends warning letters, restricts debit/ATM cards as needed. Closes membership accounts as needed.
- Balances teller checks weekly.
- Assists members with the balancing of their accounts. Assists members and staff with electronic service/online banking questions or problems.
- Maintains FiServ and Reliance systems with correct address, name and card status including reissues.
- Assists with payroll change changes or stop payment forms, verifying completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
- Process and verify wire transfers through Fedline. Makes appropriate entries to members accounts and general ledger.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding balance, status and account history. Processes telephone transfers for members.
- Takes lost or stolen card information and completes and processes necessary forms and reports.
- Provides assistance to main office and branch staff with inquiries on accounts and takes lost or stolen card information.
- Assist with card reissues and compromised cards as needed.
- Verifies check orders for accuracy.
- Verifies all VISA, Debit/ATM card orders for accuracy.
- Verifies closure request to make sure all cards are blocked.
- Process member check copy requests.
- Verifies all payroll and ACH start, change, stop payment forms for completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
This position requires a diploma/GED and reliable employment history and a required minimum of two years electronic service/back office experience.
Benefits offered to you:
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary for each participant.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)