IT Support Specialist
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union
Region: Milwaukie, OR
Contact: Ronna Idzenga
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 653-4392
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as technical liaison between the credit union and the Core Data Processor, Member Driven Technologies (MDT), and all telecommunications and technology service providers.
- Provides daily technical support and training on new and existing systems to all branches and staff.
- Troubleshoots any computer related issues and ensures prompt recovery of mission-critical systems.
- Provides remote assistance via phone, email, and remote support applications.
- Refers more complex problems to appropriate third-party providers, and follows up until the issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Assists in the maintenance of the local/wide area network, member telephone service, e-mail and VoIP phone system with the collaboration of the managed services vendors.
- Provides support to new technology initiatives, and acts as a project manager as necessary.
- Reviews Firewall Management Reports and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Alerts regularly to ensure the security of the credit union’s network and IT assets.
- Reviews various security reports (Remote Access, Patch Management, Anti-Spyware, Anti-virus, and Anti-Spam filtering). Monitors various trusted information sources for potential vulnerabilities.
- Assists in the monitoring of system performance and ensures that the network is functioning at optimal performance levels.
- Manages the Credit Union’s e-mail, productivity and collaboration systems, and escalates issues as needed.
- Processes and ensures any new additions, changes, and deletions of employee login credentials to necessary systems and software.
- Maintains and reports on ongoing issues and requests with senior leadership and management, as appropriate.
- Monitors data backups of computer systems and initiates recovery tests on a predetermined schedule. Restore data as requested by end users.
- Assists in the proper maintenance of all Credit Union hardware and software solutions.
- Maintain printing supplies, troubleshoot related issues for all systems.
- Assists the Member Experience Manager and Director of Finance in the development and revision of documentation for cross-training and compliance purposes.
- Trains or instruct users in the use of computer equipment, electronic office equipment and operating procedures.
- Assists in auditing internal policies and procedures for quality control and compliance purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of computer technology. Maintains a good understanding of major developments that effect decisions in the IT area.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Assists in the IT Risk Assessment process and ensures compliance with regulations.
- Assists in Regulatory and Internal Audits to ensure the correct observance of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, and updating a contacts database of Technology vendors.
- Assists with processes for tracking User Control as well as regulatory examination reports if available, to ensure the adequacy of the service providers’ systems and controls including resource availability, security, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Assists in the evaluation of service providers to determine their levels of service rendered to the credit union. Assists in the Due Diligence review of existing and new Technology vendors.
- Assists in the review of the service provider’s business resumption contingency plans to ensure that any services considered mission critical for the institution can be restored within an acceptable time frame.
- Assists with Disaster Recovery processes, and participates in the exercises, and maintains updated documentation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an analytical capacity, with solid interpersonal skills. Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic, and fast paced environment where creative and strategic thinking is required.
- Must possess experience in the support and administration of desktops and local area networks. Experience related to network operating systems, networking standards, computer/network hardware and system maintenance is required. Experience with Jack Henry’s Epysis Symitar strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Information Security, and virtualization infrastructure administration.
- Equivalent education (or higher) to an Associates’ degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business management, management information systems, information technology or a related field.
- Working knowledge of networking, computer systems support and maintenance. Preferred knowledge of:
- Network Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory User Setup and Maintenance)
- Desktop Operating Systems: Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise and greater, (End-User Support and Basic Troubleshooting)
- Software: Solid Desktop Application Knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite (including Office 365), Adobe Acrobat, and third party add-ons (Java, Flash, etc…)
- Core Data Processing: Knowledge of Symitar Epysis Core Applications, and ancillary products (Online Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.)
- Security: Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Systems’ monitoring / reporting, Log review, Virus and Malware cleanup,
- Mobile Platforms: Mobile Device Management for Apple IOS, Google Android primarily, Security Setup, Maintenance
- Must possess strong analytical aptitude and solid technical foundation with a working knowledge of the banking/credit union industry.
- Good communication skills are needed. Including the ability to read periodicals, journals, and manuals. Prepare written communications including email, letters, summaries, and reports conforming to the rules of punctuation and grammar. Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff, regulatory agencies, or business partners.
- Must possess good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work flexible and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to travel to different sites and locations, as needed.
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union operates on the belief that being a not-for-profit financial cooperative means that our members profit by giving them higher rates on savings, lower rates on loans, and a wide range of services at little or no cost, to help them reach their financial goals and achieve overall financial wellness at any stage of life. As a designated Community Development Financial Institution, we empower our staff with resources and training that align our social mission with satisfying our members’ unique and varied financial needs.
Everyone who works at Cutting Edge plays an important role in developing our member communities, whether you’re on the front lines working directly with members or in the back office making sure that everything is running smoothly. We are seeking to employ individuals who want more out of their job than just a paycheck – consider joining our team if you want to be part of a Movement towards community wellbeing and prosperity through financial health and inclusion.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair wage decisions about jobs.
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodation to apply for this position.