IT Specialist I
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist end-users with system and service utilization and problems.
- Initial triage for all incoming IT Service Desk tickets and escalate as necessary.
- Building and installing PCs and other peripheral equipment.
- Assist with configuration of operating system and support software.
- Ability to administer multiple system access for employees.
- Assist with information security monitoring and administration.
- Perform upgrades and support for Desktop/Telecom hardware and software.
- Understand resolution techniques used to support servers, local area networks, network equipment, telecom systems, and Active Directory.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Please Note: If you feel you do not have all the qualifications and/or skills listed we still encourage you to apply.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s degree or higher and/or technical certifications is a plus.
- Experience with PC, printer, network and telecom administration and maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Experience in installation and configuration of current operating systems and utilities is strongly preferred.
- Experience in customer service is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of business systems and services is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiasm in learning and supporting technology.
- Ability to provide quality service to co-workers and vendors.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop skills.
- Shows good judgment on problem escalation.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to staff and members.
- Proficient with personal computers, MS Office Suite, and ability to read and create graphs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Verity CU is committed to reasonably accommodate physical aspects of any position. The following are some requirements normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse personalities and vendors.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- The position requires some lifting of PCs, printers and other equipment, up to 30 lbs. individually.
- Must be able to work occasional off hours and weekends.