IT Server Specialist
Wauna Credit Union
Clatskanie, OR, USA 97016
This position will assist in the daily operation of the credit union IT Servers and Systems and providing a high level of service and support to Wauna Credit Union employees and members. Perform technical support functions according to Wauna Credit Union’s defined methods, procedures, specifications, and service expectations. Provide primary, first-level technical support by responding to team member inquiries in a timely, helpful manner. Assists various departments with delivery channels that members and potential members will utilize to access information and contact the credit union. Under direction of supervisor is responsible to maintain hardware and software throughout the credit union, including maintenance and upgrades; phone system server maintenance; ATMs/ITMs; corporate network; server and systems security; server certificates and maintenance; and compliance with Office of Foreign Asset Control. Participates in projects assigned by supervisor; maintains positive vendor relationships. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- With limited supervision, is responsible for installing hardware/software and troubleshoot problems to resolution. Act as the primary contact for provisioning and de-provisioning of network and application accounts.
- Server Technician for Windows Server Active Directory network.
- Serve as a back-up for Network and System Administrators as needed.
- All backups, restoration of data, reload, for Windows Server network software.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a knowledge base of procedures and guides to assist in the resolution of support request. Plus, cross-training and communication with everyone on the IT team.
- Receiving and transmitting files from or to outside vendors and/or partners.
- Oversight of IT servers, peripherals, ATMs, ITMS, cash recyclers, phone systems and related technology.
- Mobile and internet banking platforms, connectivity, updates, install patches, programming.
- Effective skills with Microsoft Office 365 suite of products and maintenance.
- Assist in creation of applications to interface with the core system. May assist with connectivity, updates, and programming in core system.
- An active participant in the research, development, and implementation of all potential delivery channels that members and potential members can utilize to access information and contact the credit union.
- Research, assess, recommend and participate in decisions regarding vendors and technology to ensure remaining competitive in the digital marketplace.
- Interact with internal and external customers and vendors in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help.
- Stay abreast of technology and operations with CU departments to assess equipment needs, advising on new technology and its use, including expected impact on credit union operations, cost proposals and cost benefits.
- Assists in keeping all peripheral equipment in good operating condition, troubleshooting, debugging, and testing problems and coordinating repair efforts with all outside vendors.
- Assists with the maintenance and planned replacement of servers.
- Conducts software upgrades to the Windows Server network, performing in-house upgrades or coordinating the upgrades with the proper outside vendors.
- Assists the IT and Operations teams with the Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure continued service to the membership in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Provide assistance to other employees in the operations of all hardware and software systems connected to the Windows Server network and operation of all peripheral equipment; coordinate with vendors as needed to resolve issues.
- Act as the key technical liaison between computer system users, vendors, and IT. Provide Project management and support for computerized departmental systems and related projects.
- Communicate system updates to users as needed. Update online scripts to reflect any changes in systems, departmental procedures, or policies.
- Analyze reason for IT related failure and assist in revising programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Communicate with their supervisor on any department needs (equipment, supplies, support, training, etc).
- Maintain required and customary systems and software documentation as it relates to configurations, security, system changes, and procedures as utilized by the credit union.
- Perform PC and Windows Server hardware refreshes.
- Be an ambassador for Wauna Credit Union in the community.
- Understand compliance issues and attend training as they relate to the position, including, but not limited, to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the Credit Union.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, Wauna policies, confidentiality requirements, and other compliance obligations.
- Work ethic that includes dependability, punctuality, and a professional appearance and demeanor.
Miscellaneous Duties & Requirements:
- Successfully graduate from required Integrity Solutions courses and use in position.
- Understand and support the mission statement, vision statement and core values of WCU.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
- Be genuinely interested in people, with abilities to deal with different people and personalities.
- Ability to: collaborate and work effectively, independently, or as part of a team; treat members and employees with utmost courtesy, efficiency, integrity, professionalism and etiquette; articulate effectively; and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to: operate and trouble shoot PC and various peripherals, learn to use various software; operate basic office machines; complete general typing and computer input tasks.
- Be familiar with the IT Manuals and Policy Manual and respect Board policy decisions.
- Adept at using and learning to use new technology.
- Be familiar with the WFCU Security Program and procedures for burglary and fire, participating in planned drills.
- Able to report to work in other branches as assigned when necessary
- Must be bondable and hold a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Participate in workshops, training, seminars or college classes as directed by supervisor.
- Perform all other duties which may be assigned by management.
- Consistently achieve individual performance goals and contribute to department and organizational objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree or higher in computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience; and/or technical certification(s); and
- At least two years of experience providing IT customer support; and
- At least three years’ experience working with personal computers; and
- At least two years’ experience working with networks
- Financial institution experience preferred, but not required
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.