IT Application Development Manager
Rogue Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
E 20% Recruits, hires, trains, coaches and motivates a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the daily operational needs of the areas assigned. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports. Creates and maintains a coaching culture to consistently strive toward the highest level of employee achievement and performance in building Member Loyalty.
E 20% Identifies potential system improvements to meet strategic objectives, and plans for implementations, taking ownership of problems and driving the process from beginning to end and serves as the primary technical architect of the RCU IT Application Portfolio. Directs and manages the development staff in efficient, practical designs and implementations to maintain the integrity of the infrastructure. Ensures the maintainability, scalability, upgradability and flexibility of the overall environment. Ensures regular code reviews are conducted.
E 20% Directs, prepares, assists and maintains requirements documents, project timeliness, resource plans, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, performance reporting, and other system documentation. Prepares and effectively presents information to varied audiences including technical, managerial and executive levels.
E 20% Partners with business units to leverage IT resources to better understand member operations and processes, development opportunities, business requirements, while providing strategic and tactical recommendations. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as they relate to the application environment. Provides on-call support for IT issues as required. Creates and updates technical documentation. Participates in departmental management processes such as planning, budgeting, employee development, and scheduling.
N 5% Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner. Ensure that the development team is aligned with the strategic mission and vision of the credit union.
2. Provides leadership through positive, honest, and direct coaching and mentoring as well as by directing activities to achieve stated departmental and budgetary goals.
3. Ensures that development efforts utilize industry best practices with a focus on close oversight of work status.
4. Maintains highly qualified, competent, and motivated staff for the department.
5. Demonstrates adherence to, and support of, organizational values through words, action, and intent. Ensures credit union activities are done with the highest ethical, fiscal and regulatory standards, and comply with credit union policies and procedures.
6. Regularly pursues personal development in order to ensure that skills and capabilities grow with the requirements of the position and credit union.
7. Ensures that systems are effectively managed, monitored, and supported to meet company, user, and member needs.
8. Stays informed of current trends affecting technology within the financial services industry.
9. Establishes and maintains an effective relationship, and demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with user departments, credit union leadership, and vendors.
10. Effectively manages projects through completion while consistently delivering on time, on budget, and as designed.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Knowledge and Skills:
Five years to eight years of similar or related technical experience in hands on systems development in a professional environment. Minimum three years experience leading a team of skilled Programmer/Analysts developing software using current industry best practices and supporting systems in production environment.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
This position requires solid organizational, team building, relationship and project management skills and the ability to effectively prepare and present information to varied audiences including technical, managerial and executive levels. Good customer relationship skills are essential with the ability to collaborate and strategize with the credit union leaders, as well as employees from all levels of the organization, and outside vendors. Requires the ability to lead, manage and gain the confidence of technical team members. Lead and contribute in the design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance of software solutions. Bring knowledge of best practices to guide the department in issues of design, development, backup/recovery, and documentation to ensure ongoing maintainability and efficient use of the system. Strong Project Management skills (documenting, reporting, organizing, prioritizing), and the ability to consistently deliver projects on time, on budget, and as designed. Ability to multi-task across development efforts, support issues, ad-hoc requests, administrative tasks, departmental management and competing priorities. Knowledge and experience in the utilization of SDLC methodologies, Change Control, Production Support and Quality Assurance. Requires proven experience leading technical teams.
Some lifting required (up to 30 pounds), continuous sitting, occasional standing and occasional walking. Finger dexterity while using computer. Occasional talking and hearing in person and on the telephone. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and continuous clarity of vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to drive a motor vehicle or arrange for own transportation.
This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the Credit Union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. Travel to all Credit Union regions may be required.