Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
The Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Specialist reports directly to the Operations Manager/Team Leader or AVP Fraud and Operations Management. The IRA specialist serves as the primary point of contact for IRAs and CDs within the Credit Union. The individual in this role provides high quality service to members and others who may use credit union services and products. They will provide friendly and professional service to members and coworkers and perform all other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Administer IRA and Health Savings Account (HSA) programs
- Process IRA applications, contributions, required minimum distributions, and withdrawals
- Analyze and correct tax reporting issues, as required
- Process Death claims and set-up beneficiary IRAs
- Work closely with Ascensus, the external IRA vendor
- Post incoming member mail, close accounts, audit CD’s and IRAs, review returned mail, and post fees to accounts.
- Review and verify member account change reports.
- Resolve sophisticated transactions or escalated concerns.
- Review, post, and balance incoming SWBC payment files; various mail in requests such as account closure requests, maturity notices, and check orders.
- Review and archive branch and member documents for auditing and retention purposes.
- Ensure sensitive data is protected with the highest standard of security and confidentiality.
- Understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain general knowledge of other organizations within the credit union. Have a general knowledge of all service products offered by the credit union to accurately answer questions from members and staff.
- Cross sell other Credit Union products and programs, such as CDs and HSAs.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the data processing menus, activities, and processing.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best interest of the credit union, led by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times.
- Control risk and manage operations in a safe and sound manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills.
- Display proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, reporting, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to identify needed process improvements and communicates same to supervisor.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of similar or related experience, preferably in a credit union environment.
- Possess skills required to communicate to members, the public, and colleagues effectively and professionally.
- Some travel may be vital to fulfill duties, career development, and training.
- An unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Proficient with standard office equipment, Microsoft software programs; familiarity with data processing and standard reporting programs.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.