O Bee Credit Union
Contact: Veronica Rich
The internal auditor will be responsible for the following:
Responsible for the overall internal audit program. Plans, organizes, and executes a risk-based internal audit plan in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit and the Code of Ethics established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Included in this plan are required audits, high-risk compliance areas and internal control processes to promote the effectiveness and efficiency in operation, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws.
Performs detailed audit projects independently with the objective of obtaining a reasonable assurance as to the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Reviews internal control, policies and procedures, investigating documents, records, accounts, operations and transactions. Initiates follow-up action to audit reports to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken by management.
Oversight/Coordination of External Auditors and Examiners
Serves as the credit union contact for and oversees third party audits including security, compliance, opinion, and examinations performed by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and/or Washington State Division of Credit Unions. Serves as main point of contact for external auditors and examiners and represents management and the Supervisory Committee when communicating responses to audit planning, inquires, and findings.
Keeps informed of relevant policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and credit union trends. Participates in educational opportunities to maintain awareness of regulatory compliance issues, audit, and internal control.
Organizes quarterly meetings of the Supervisory Committee. Runs quarterly meetings in conjunction with the Supervisory Committee Chair.
Attends Board of Director, Senior Management, and Risk Committee meetings as appropriate.
Performs other duties as assigned, granted they do not compromise the independence of the position.
We are looking for a dynamic, proactive person that takes initiative and is accountable and displays:
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, critical thinking, efficient, and a self-starter.
- Excellent analytical ability, and the ability to conduct thorough research, interpret and understand laws and regulations, and provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and well with all levels of management and staff, as well as members.
- Knowledge of Accounting in Financial Institutions
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2 Years Audit experience, financial institution background preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred
- Certification from an industry recognized program or ability to obtain within one year of hire desired (CCUIA, CUCE, NCCO, etc.)
O Bee Credit Union is the original credit union of the Olympia Brewery. We offer employer paid medical, dental, and vision as well as Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, sick time, pension, 401k and charitable volunteer time. This position is an hourly, non-exempt, 40 hour position working Monday through Friday at our administration building located in Lacey, Washington. Feel free to visit our careers site for more information and to apply.