Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring a fulltime, salaried Internal Auditor to work out of our corporate downtown Bremerton location in beautiful Kitsap County Washington. The Internal Auditor is responsible for the planning and execution of financial, compliance, and operational audits of Kitsap Credit Union’s activities. This position operates under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager to perform audits that evaluate internal controls and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and identify and mitigate risks.
Typical Job Duties
- Perform all audits in accordance with the internal audit program, professional audit, and accounting standards (GAAP) and IIA standards.
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of the credit union’s operational procedures and internal controls.
- Assist with and/or conduct internal audits from beginning to end, examinations, and consulting projects, including research, planning, risk assessment, interviewing, sampling, testing and analysis, reporting and recommendation formulation, and completion of work papers.
- Maintain complete audit files documenting audit procedures used, reports and written responses. Prepare and deliver written and oral reports to management, the Supervisory Committee and Board of Directors.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Employment Type: Salaried, exempt
Working hours: fulltime, Monday – Friday
Job Functions: GAAP, Internal Audit, Compliance Oversight
This role may be right for you if you enjoy work with a high level of attention to detail and compliance. You pride yourself on your abilities to research and investigate issues and understand the big picture. Your previous employers praise your ability to catch potential opportunities for efficiencies, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to remain objective and non-biased in difficult situations. Your friends consider you highly capable at explaining and simplifying information, and your family is proud of your ability to maintain high standards, even in difficult situations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One plus years’ operational and compliance auditing experience regarding federal regulations as they pertain to financial institutions including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Must be able to travel to other company locations, as requested
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******