OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Develop and perform audits of organization processes and functions to evaluate compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as external laws and regulations.
- Prepare audit reports and review findings and recommendations with management.
- Facilitate the development of management responses to findings and track them to completion.
- Work with stakeholders and vendor partners to support co-sourced audit engagements.
- Support the process of maintaining the audit universe, including the assessment of risk associated with auditable entities.
- Make recommendations for improvement of management controls, designed to further safeguard OnPoint assets and resources, promote enhanced member value and ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Collect, review and analyze transaction data pertaining to memberships, deposit accounts and loans to evaluate the level of compliance with specific organizational control requirements.
- Document all work performed, including the details of audits and analyses that reflect procedures completed, the extent of testing and the basis for the conclusions reached.
- Perform tasks that support the completion of engagements outlined within the Internal Audit schedule.
- May perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of auditing standards and a desire to investigate, research and examine branch and business unit processes.
- Ability to effectively design and execute an audit; including the development of scope and related testing processes, and the generation of meaningful and effective reports.
- Ability to maintain independence, while engaging collaboratively and tactfully with audit stakeholders.
- General knowledge of a credit union or bank environment.
- General understanding of Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to credit unions; and ability to research them when a deeper understanding is needed.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Experience working with TeamMate+ or other audit software.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and function under minimal supervision, while exercising good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel to all OnPoint locations, as necessary to perform audit engagements.
- Ability to adjust established work schedule, as necessary to accommodate the needs of specific audit engagements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field required.
• Minimum three-year internal audit experience required.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
• Previous experience working in a credit union or bank environment preferred.